Chapter 12: Hospital Visit

Start from the beginning

"I'm fine! I'm fine!" You laughed, reassuring them that you were A-okay.

"You just took a goddamn bullet to the head, Ma! The least you could've done is let me freeze him!" Jack shouted, also taking you from the two fairies and holding you by your shoulders, "you are not fine."

You stared into their eyes, your own still a little fuzzy, but clearing nonetheless.

"Okay, I lied. The bullet wound is causing so much pain right now. We need to get to the Infirmary."

______________________________

The Next Morning

Bunny paced around the Infirmary, his mind clouded with thoughts. Rogue sat upright in her pale bad and watched him go crazy, out of pure boredom mind you. Her right leg and left arm were held in a thick cast each, her right wing was bandaged and her cuts were stitched together.

"Bunny."
"..."
"Bunny!"
"....."
"E. Aster Bunnymund!"

He stopped abruptly and turned to face the young woman, her oceanic eyes swirling with red dust before morphing back into their natural blue.

"Heh, sorry Sheila...."

"Bunny, you've been pacing around the room for six hours," she said, reassurance filling her soft voice, "she'll be fine. The doctor's said all her wounds be non-existent in a few hours and she'll be as right as rain."

He sat down beside her bed, gripping a large book in his paws, "I know mate, I'm jus' worried."

The room became silent. He pondered back to the Tooth rescue where you wore the rose he left for you. Or when you sang to Jamie and kissed his cheek before flying off. And when you face just...fell into his paws, your eyes filled with stars. Until your moment was interrupted.

He loved the way you smiled, bearing your sharp glimmering fangs, it was like heaven. The way you just looked at him gave him butterflies, and your voice was magnificent, silky like ribbon. And god, your laughter, it was contagious and spread through him like wildfire on a hot Australian day. The way your cheeks flushed as giggles erupted from your throat, chuckling at whatever joke he made. He didn't seem like a grumpy old rabbit anymore, just a flustered little bunny.

His heart just leaped at the thought of you.

"I know that face," Rogue smirked, gesturing to his lovestruck eyes, "someone's in love~"

His face deadpanned as he stared at her in somewhat confusion. His ears were perked up and as he eyed the confident girl, "Wha-what? C-crikey mate, jus' what are ya talking about?!" Bunny stammered as sweat began to coat the inner linings of his fur and his face went red, deep red, "I ain't in love Sheila!"

Her face was vacant with anything except a straight line that seemed to pierce her mouth, until she burst into laughter, "Aster, I'm Cupid."

He froze, completely forgetting that he was literally speaking to the goddess of love, "Ah. I may or may not 'ave forgotten about that."

"I see the way you look at her, the way you speak to her," she laughed quietly, "there's no denying that there's something there."

"Ya really think so?"

"I know so."

She chuckled softly as she took the large book from him, eyeing the cover which was titled, 'Heaven's Saviour.' Her eyes were filled with the same wonder she bore when she gave the book to him a few days beforehand, after Sandy's funeral... She sighed in despair, running the tips of her fingers over the worn and yellowed pages, briefly watching the moving images before flipping to the next.