Chapter 28: He Believes

Unedited

It was colder than usual now, snow drifted down rom the clouds and frost covered windows of homes. Fortunately for Jack, he could withstand it. Burgess was a lot quieter tonight, almost too quiet for Jack's tastes. He was just happy that you and Rogue were at the Ball, safe and sound.

Jack's body drifted down to a certain house and he began to hover outside of the larger window on the second floor. He remembered bringing Sophie back to this same house earlier today, though it felt like forever ago now. The snow spirit sighed and peered inside the child's bedroom, not expecting said child to be awake and sitting on his bed with a small stuffed rabbit plushie and a small angel statue that humans place upon their Christmas Tree's.

Jamie stared at the plushie and the tiny statue in frustration, "okay, look...you and I are obviously at what they call a crossroads-" he said, not knowing a certain snow spirit was listening, not that he could see Jack anyways.

Jack carefully peered inside, not wanting to disrupt Jamie by probably knocking something over. Which happens way too often hehe.

"-so here's what's gonna happen. If it wasn't a dream, and if you both are real-" he said, leaning further towards the plush and the statue, "-then you have to prove it, like, right now."

Neither the plush or the statue moved, or gave any sign at all. Jamie's eyes were on the brink of tears now, not wanting to believe that his two favourite people may not have existed.

"Ms (Y/N)...when I asked you if you were real or not...you never gave me a real answer," the boy said, "I believed in you both for a really long time, okay? Like my whole life, in fact. So you kind of owe me now."

Jack watched the boy pick up the two toys, only just now realising how much of a bond you and Bunny shared. Sure Bunny was super grumpy and egotistical, but that was only sometimes now. When he's around you, well, he's just a lovesick rabbit who's lost all sense. And yeah, he and Bunny are at each others throats 'sometimes' but, Jack knew that Bunny would go out of his way for you just as you would for him. Jack sighed and looked back into the bedroom, watching Jamie hold the two toys.

"You don't have to do much. Just a little sign so I know..." he said, gripping onto the both of them tightly and staring into their eyes, "anything...anything at all..."

Moments passed as Jamie awaited, longing for a little sign. His face fell flat as he sighed, dropping both the objects to the floor, "I knew it..."

Jack stared at Jamie, sorrow filling his eyes as he quietly pushed the window open and hopped inside, being careful not to knock anything over. Jamie stared down into his lap, beads of tears filling his eyes when suddenly, the crackling of frost could be heard. Jamie looked up to his now opened window, watching one of the panes become covered in a thin layer of ice and a decorated egg being drawn onto it, as well as a pair of tiny wings and a halo.

Jamie gasped lightly, glancing back down onto the floor where the abandoned toys laid. His wonder had gotten the best of him as he stood up on his bed, watching another window pane become caked in frost, "they're real..."

Jamie stared in shock as a bunny with tiny little wings was drawn onto the glass. Jack chuckled quietly at the boy's wonder as he finished drawing; he held his hands out and thus, the winged bunny became 3D and sat in his hands, flapping it's little wings and wiggling it's tiny fluffy tail.

Jamie's laughter filled the cold air as he watched the Bunny fly and bound around the room. Jack was laughing too, watching Jamie have such fun was so satisfying to him. Jamie chased the flying Bunny around his bed, only for the tiny creature to suddenly explode into snow.

Jamie stared slack jawed, the snow falling inside his bedroom. "Snow?" He questioned to, well, no one in particular. Wonder and hope filled his eyes as snow drifted down onto his nose, sparkles scattering across his skin, "Jack Frost..."

Jack perked up as his name was said, "did he just say..."

"Jack Frost?" The boy repeated, kneeling on his bed upright and looking around his room in search of something.

"He said it again. He said...you said..." Jack wondered in shock, hope filling his eyes as he stared at the boy.

"Jack Frost..." Jamie said, staring at the snow spirit slack jawed.

"That's right!" Jack said, shock lacing his voice, "But that's me! Jack Frost! That's my name! You said my name!"

Jamie couldn't believe his eyes, being in so much surprise that he couldn't say anything.

"Wait... C-Can you hear me?"

Jamie nodded at Jack's question, his jaw still wide open and his eyes open wide.

"C-Can you...Can you see me?"

He nodded again as Jack got closer, staring at the snow spirit in amazement as snow still fell around them. Jack's laughter filled the room, "he see's me! H-He see's me!"

Jack's loudness echoed around the room as he flipped onto the table in pure delight, he couldn't believe what he was hearing! You were right! Your little snowflake is believed in...

"You just made it snow!" Jamie laughed, bouncing on his bed.

"I know!"

"In my room!"

"I know!" Jack replied, leaping back onto the floor without a sound, his happiness and laughter reflecting that of Jamie's.

"You're real?!" Jamie laughed, watching Jack bound around the room.

"Yeah!" Jack replied with enthusiasm and excitement, "Who do you think brings you all the blizzards and the snow days? And you remember when you went flying on that sled the other day?"

"That was you?"

"That was me!"

"That's so cool!"

"Right!"

"But what about the Easter Bunny, a-and the angels and the Tooth Fairy?" Jamie questioned the snow spirit. "I-I mean I-"

"Real, real, real!" Jack said, picking up the two toys from the floor, "Every one of us is real."

"I knew it!" Jamie shouted, bouncing on his bed loudly.

"Jamie, who are you talking to?" A feminine voice, Jamie's mother, came from downstairs.

"Um..."

Jack nodded to Jamie in encouragement, his signature smile brightening Jamie's.

"Jack Frost?" Jamie replied to his mother.

The woman chuckled, "Okay..."

Jamie began to laugh once again, so happy to know that his childhood beliefs were real. He stared at the plush of the Bunny and the small angel statue, hugging them tightly. He knew it, he knew you were real.

"If you're here then where are the oth-" Jamie began, only to be cut off by his window being forced open even more by the roaring wind. The two looked outside, the sky becoming darker and darker by the second, well until lightning lit up the room.

Jack's smile drooped and fell to that of confusion, the familiar sound of jingle bells filling the air as he rushed towards the window, peering out onto the road.

It was the Guardians.