Chapter 17

Gryffindor won the match by miles. Afterwards, Ginny was cheering so loud in the Gryffindor common room Professor McGonagall had to come and lecture her.

There was a party in Gryffindor tower that night, which Hermione and I slipped into with some help from Ginny. There was dancing, and music, and lots of food.

"Isn't this brilliant?" Ginny hurried over to me and Hermione, still wearing her Quidditch robes. We both grinned in response.

"Better than any Slytherin party," I agreed firmly. Ginny grinned and then went off to join the dancing. I looked at Hermione. She was smiling, and her hair was tucked behind her ears, and her cheeks were flushed.

I slipped my fingers through hers. Hermione looked a little surprised and wary, but eventually, once she realised nobody was looking over at us, she relaxed and rested her head against my shoulder.

After what felt like forever, Hermione lifted her head and leant in to kiss me. I felt her soft lips brush up against mine and savoured the moment, closing my eyes as I drew closer to her.

My hand instinctively went up and touched her cheek, but as it did I heard footsteps coming towards us and we rocketed apart from one another.

"Calm down, it's only me!" Exclaimed Ginny. "Everybody's gone, so you should clear off and do your snogging elsewhere."

"Shut up, Gin," I said wearily, my eyelids fluttering. I was seriously tired, but I didn't want to leave Hermione. I looked up at her, and I could see she felt the same.

"We'll go back to our tower," said Hermione decidedly. Ginny grinned.

"Right," she said, rolling her eyes. She stared at me, winked, and said, "Good luck." Hermione shot Ginny a dark look, but I laughed anyway. Ginny flounced upstairs to her dormitory, flicking her hair over her shoulder, and Hermione took my hand and together we walked back to our tower through the empty halls.

"Are you okay?" Asked Hermione concernedly. "You look tired."

I smiled. "I am," I replied truthfully. I kissed her forehead affectionately, and she blushed.

"Do you wish....do you wish Ginny never interrupted us?" Asked Hermione quietly, as we reached the door to the tower. I pushed it open and we walked the familiar staircase up to our room.

"Yes," I sighed dreamily. "Yes, I do." I took Hermione's hand in mine again and pulled her gently onto my bed. She fell on top of me accidentally and blushed hard, but I snaked my arm around her waist and pulled her towards me, and she didn't object. I pulled her next to me on the bed and played with her hair for a while, my eyes closed, savouring every second we spent blissfully alone together.

She slipped her arm across my chest and after a single, hesitant moment, we kissed softly, our lips meeting with a fire that I couldn't name. She tasted sweeter than ever before and I couldn't help but kiss her further, burying my hands in her soft brown hair.

I moved my hands to cup her face and brushed her cheeks, feeling her skin, softer than I could have imagined. She pulled away, a small, shy smile on her face, and I leant in again, this time trailing kisses down her neck so that I felt her sigh through my shirt.

She buried her head in the space between my neck and my shoulder, shut her eyes and curled up into a ball against me. I pulled her into a close hug with my arms tight around her, and she snaked her arms around my neck. Within moments she was asleep, and I lay there with my chin against her hair, brushing it instinctively without really knowing why.

I loved Hermione Granger. There, I thought to myself firmly, I'd said it. I loved her more than I'd ever loved anybody else, and yet I still guarded mine and Pansy's secret so preciously. Why? I asked myself furiously. I had to tell her, tell her what had happened between me and Pansy, and what secret we had been entrusted to hide. I pulled up my shirt sleeve unconsciously and rubbed the dark mark tattoo that still ached there often, faded now, but still there. A constant reminder of what I'd been entrusted to do.

I couldn't do it. I was backing out. I wouldn't do it, not with people like Hermione at risk.

Because what I'd been entrusted to do was something I'd promised myself I would never do again.

I'd been told I had to let the Death Eaters back into Hogwarts.

Hi! Sorry for not uploading lately, I've been really busy but hopefully you guys can appreciate the epic Dramione action! Thank you so much for your support, we're almost at 200 reads! Don't forget to vote and comment, I'll be uploading another chapter shortly :)