Reunited and Benny

^That's my actual dog^

Chapter 9

-Nalani's Pov

-one month later-

"Thank you very much Miss Kale. We appreciate it." I shook the hand of the chief of the police force over an hour away. They had an issue deciphering cause of death so Hotch sent me out there. Now time for the drive home, yay.

"Anytime sir. I'm just glad I could help." I put on the best genuine smile I could. Don't get me wrong, I love being in labs and doing my job, but there was just something wrong. It's like I knew there was just a, this isn't right, going on. And I wanted to get back to Quantico to figure it out.

"If we ever need your help again, we'll just give that boss of yours a call, alright?"

"Sounds fair." Oh I pray not. On that note I left to go find my car. Man it's way too late to do this. Checking my watch it said it was past 1 in the morning. Hmm, not the best time to drive. May as well go get a hotel room.

***

*ring ring*

"Hello?" My voice sounded strained as I talked into the phone.

"Nali! Where are you?" Reid's voice was panicked.

"I told Garcia I was staying overnight at a hotel cause it was too late..."

"Okay... Well um stay safe- um I went to go see if you wanted coffee and there were people in your place- but there was no sign of a forced entry and they said they knew you."

"Okay... Wait what?!" I shot up out of the bed. I was already racing around the room getting my stuff together.

"Yeah. I just wanted to make sure you were fine."

"I am. I um, well I'll see you later!"

"Okay bye."

"Bye!" I chucked my phone onto my bed, hopping in the shower as quick as I could.

-on the road-

Only a few more minutes to go. Who was in my apartment? The only people who have keys are Tony, Connor and Alexis. Wait. Could that be them?! Oh I hope so! I miss them a lot! It's been over a month since or close to two since I've seen them.

Alright here we are! Bolting out of my car I didn't bother to take the elevator, instead I took the stairs. Running up them in probably a record speed I raced to my place. (Granted it's like two sets...)

Jabbing the key in the lock I swung the door open, revealing three people.

"There you are!"

"Long time no see kid!"

"Why haven't you called me!?"

I stared in shock at three of my closest friends. Connor, Tony, and Alexis. My assumption was correct.

"Are you just gonna stand there or are you gonna come in and say hi." Connor smirked. I sprinted in, jumping into his arms. After his hug was Tony's then Alexis's.

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked curiously, "I want you guys here but-"

"Well we missed you and we have a present for you!"

"Actually what Tony forgot to mention was that we got suspended..." Alexis sighed. Connor shrugged along with Tony.

"What'd you guys do now?"

"Well we pursued someone without permission was all. Umm almost got blown up- you know, just the usual." Connor laughed.

"I love how you two take it so lightly." Alexis huffed waving her first at them.

"Well we got the guy!" Tony yelled raising his hands defensively.

"So what we're trying to say is, mind if we stay for a bit?" Alexis put on her best puppy dog face.

"You're lucky I have the next few days off." I grumbled, "but what's this surprise?"

"Come here," Tony grabbed my hand taking me into my room, "we talked to your landlord and he said yes."

Gasping, I found myself staring at a baby boy, brown/tan you poodle. He was beautiful!

"You like?"

"YES YES YES! THANK YOU!" I approached the dog and he nuzzled my hand, "aww you're so cute! Does he have a name?"

"He's you're to name."

"I'm gonna name you Benjamin. Benny for short! You are so cuuutee!!!" Squealed hugging him. Then he did the most adorable thing ever! He licked my face! His tongue is so small!

"Oh and warning, he likes to lick stuff. Especially the air." Alexis informed me.

"I love him!"

"We thought it would be best for you to have a companion at home for you. We also knew he couldn't be too big. But we also knew he had to be adorable, because well he was gonna be yours." Connor smiled.

"I really appreciate it you guys!"

"We're glad. So, guys lets go do something! I've never been in this area." Tony spoke up.

"Yes let's! The coffee shops are awesome! And the stores!" I squeaked grabbing my money.

"Shopping, really?" The two boys groaned.

"Yes!"

***

-Spencer's Pov

I really wish Nali had to work today. I want to see her. But I do hope she's fine. I mean those people- and dammit I could've easily investigated further into it. She would've called it if was bad- right? Definitely. We're close. I just wish we were closer-

"Hey kid. I swear you need to ask Kale out. All you ever focus on is her." Derek pulled a chair up besides me.

"I know. I really like her."

"Then ask her out."

"How?" Derek preceded to laugh at me.

"Come on. Let's go talk to Garcia. Today's gonna be one long day."