29: Do I Turn Out Alright?

A/N: ITS SHORT AND CUTE BYE

[Luke.]

Calum was unusually cuddly for the rest of the night, it sort of concerned me. I mean, not that I minded, obviously, but it was just so out of character for him to be this cuddly.

Finally, I got him to detach himself from me so that I could go to bed, but obviously he wasn't going to let me go that easily. Practically the moment I got under my blankets, my phone lit up causing me to groan. I grabbed it, opening up the text from Calum.

Cal Luke: baaaabe

Luke Cal: go to sleep

Cal Luke: come sleep with me :(

Luke Cal: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Cal Luke: not liKE THAT my sisters sleeping in the next room!!!

Luke Cal: ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°) hey you said it

Cal Luke: youre so lame let me cuddle it out of u

Luke Cal: ur so demanding gosh

Cal Luke: pls come

Luke Cal: ok calm ur face

Cal Luke: says the one w the weirdass emojis

I rolled my eyes before sliding my phone back onto the beside cabinet and grabbing my pillow. I stood up, quietly making my way to the door in order to not wake up Taylor; and crept towards Calum's room. I knocked on the door softly only for it to swing open less than a second later.

"You don't need to knock," Calum chuckled, grabbing me by the hips and pulling me towards him. He shut the door behind me as I lay down on his bed, too tired to care about the blankets.

"Lukey, babe, get up," Calum poked my side, and I just rolled over onto my back.

Calum rolled his eyes, sliding into his blankets and awkwardly trying to cover me as well. After much struggle on his part and laziness on mine, I was under the blankets with him cuddled up close to my chest.

"Hey Cal?" I asked, draping an arm around his waist. He was shirtless and I cursed the dark of the room, because that was a sight I wouldn't mind falling asleep to.

"Yeah babe?" he answered, sleepiness evident in his voice.

"What's up with you today?" I asked quietly, hoping I hadn't chosen the wrong words. "You're very affectionate."

"Can't I show my boyfriend some love?" he huffed before kissing the space between my collar bones softly. "Maybe I want to be cute."

I chuckled, kissing the top of his head. "Alright, what's on your mind?"

"This is my way of saying sorry," he mumbled, and even though I didn't know what he meant by that, I was surprised I had gotten a genuine response out of him so quickly.

"What are you talking about?" I asked. He was half asleep so it probably wasn't the best of ideas to keep this conversation going, to be honest, but I wanted to know what he was on about.

"I mean... I used to be so... I used to be such a douche to you," he mumbled quietly, his fingers tracing random shapes on my clothes chest. "And I don't know, I feel bad for it."

I smiled softly, shaking my head. My fingers were absentmindedly making small circles on his back, his skin warm under my touch. "I don't know why you're feeling bad."

"What? How?"

"Because it's been ages, and because you've changed," I smiled, kissing his forehead. "You're not that guy anymore, thank god. Now you're an amazing guy whom I've fallen way too hard for. I don't know why you're still worrying about then."

I knew he smiled, because I could hear it when he mumbled, "I love you, Lukey."

"I love you too, CalBear," I smiled, and he nuzzled his face against my chest.

After a few minutes, Calum's hands came to a sudden stop.

"Whats wrong?" I asked quietly.

"I just... I was thinking about something I heard today," he whispered, almost shyly. "Luke, have you... Do you ever think about the future?"

I but my lip. What do I say? "Honestly, not that much. I used to in Perth to distract myself, but I haven't really since I've been back."

He nodded, wrapping his arm around me, our bodies moulding together like pieces of a perfect puzzle.

"Why?" I asked when I realised that he wasn't going to elaborate.

"I dunno," he shrugged. "I don't care about the future usually. Come what may, you know? But today, I just... I just started thinking about it. It's... Wow, I mean, next year's our last year of school, then we have uni, and I don't know what I want to do... And there's you, too. What's going to happen to us? I wanna know what happens next... Do you know what you wanna do?"

I sighed slightly, kissing his forehead again. "I know I want to study music theory," I answered quietly, still tracing shapes on his hips. "Who knows what happens to is? I think we should just worry about right now, you know? As you said: come what may."

He nodded, humming in response before yawning. "I'm tired. Good night Lukey, love you," he mumbled, nuzzling into my chest and he brought the blankets tighter around us.

"Goodnight Cal, love you too," I mumbled, kissing the top of his head.

"Wai- Wait," he mumbled. "Lukey, do you ever want kids?"

I frowned, pondering upon his question. "I've never thought about it. Do you?"

"Oh," he whispered. "I don't know either. But I hope that if I do, it'll be because we adopted them together."

A blush spread across my face and I smiled fondly, holding the sleepy boy closer to me. I wouldn't mind that.

>>>

A/N: hi I changed my username for reasons and now it's really weird idk
LOVE YA BYE