15

"Good evening, friends and family. We're gathered here today to celebrate the death of one of the Chou family." said the priest.

It has been a week since Vernon has attacked the girls and everything has went downhill from there. Many of the Chou royal army has been killed or injured and not to forget the one of the member of a royal family's death. The whole Korea learned of this and has payed their respects to all who has lost their lives and to the royal families because of one man. Vernon's body was buried but no one dared to visit him or see him. He was a killer, and no one wants to visit a killer.

"We may now start this evenings session. May everyone rise." Father Clifford said as he raised his hands, causing everyone in the room to stand and pray.

"Oh Father, we have lost an important person of this generation. Please guide him to the light and keep him in peace with you. Forgive him for his sins as he visits you and stay with you in peace. May we pray that he will watch above us and protect us from harm's way. May we pray that he have become purified and a follower of you. We pray to the Lord."

"Lord, here our prayer." said everyone before sitting back down. Sniffles and shuffling was the only things heard in the room. No one dared to inch their cheeks up as it was a depressing day for not only the royal families but for the whole state, too.

Lisa stood from her seat, she walked up to the podium and read the first reading.

"A reading from the Gospel According to Matthew."

About the time John the Baptist came and began preaching in the desert area of Judea. John said, "Change your hearts and lives because the kingdoms of Heaven is coming soon." John the Baptist is the one Isaiah the prophet was talking about. Isaiah said:

"This is a voice or a man
who calls out in the dessert:
'Prepare the way for the Lord.
Make the road straight for him'."

[...]

I baptize you with water to show that your hearts and lives have changed. But there is one coming later who is greater than I am. I am not good enough to carry his sandals. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire. He will come ready to clean the grain. He will separate the good grain from the chaff. He will put the good part of the grain into his barn. And he will bun the chaff with a fire that cannot be put out.

[...]

"A reading from the Gospel According to Matthew."

"Thanks be to God." Lisa wiped away her tears as she walked back to her seat, sitting down to slouch and cover her face with her hands and sobbed into them. Jennie broke at the sight and comforted her girlfriend, telling her that everything was going to be okay.

After the first reading, Dahyun stood from her seat and went up to the podium to read the second reading of the evening.

"A reading from the 1st Corinthians."

If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.

If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.

If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.

It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.