Chapter 1: Betraying The Guild

Start from the beginning

"Fine. I'll take it." I replied.

He then passed the credits and the leather over to me. Once I slipped it into my bag, I spoke again.

"What was the Mandalorian tracking?" I inquired.

Karga let out a sigh. "Helia, you know you're my favorite bounty hunter, but-"

I scoffed. "I bet you say the same to the Mandalorian."

Karga placed a hand on his chest. "Oh Helia, you wound me. You know you're a good friend of mine."

I placed my left arm on the table and slightly raised my hand as I spoke. "And because I'm a good friend of yours, you'll tell me all you know about the bounty that the Mando is searching for."

Karga looked at me vacantly for a moment before he replied. "Look you're a good friend of mine, so I will tell you all you know. Just keep this between the two of us."

A grin grew on my face. "Of course."

"The client is part of the last remnants of the Empire. They're searching for a person, not exactly sure who, but all I know is it's fifty years old." Karga explained.

The Empire? Nothing good came out from those people. What did they want with a fifty year old? Was the Empire looking for Jedi? I felt a shiver down my spine. The Emperor and Vader are dead, there's no one else who would be interested in those who are Force-sensitive, right? Before I could pry for more information, Saucer Head approached us. No doubt he wanted another bounty puck after he failed the past several times.

Karga sighed. "Look, I told you. I'm not interested in your excuses."

Saucer Head protested. Karga cut him off. "You had your shot, dust breather, but you failed. No pucks for you. Now get outta here!"

Saucer Head eventually gave up, storming off. Once he left, Karga's scowl faded and was replaced with a smile. "Ah! Mando!"

At Karga's words, I turned around around to see the Mandalorian in Beskar armor that looked brand new. All the bounty hunters in the room, glared at the Mandalorian. As soon as he approached us, Karga let out a laugh. "They all hate you, Mando. Because you're a legend!"

"How many of them had tracking fobs?" The Mandalorian asked.

"All of them. All of them!" Karga exclaimed.

The Mandalorian glanced over at me. I couldn't see his face as he had his helmet on, but I knew he was looking at me. He was probably wondering if I had a tracking fob.

"All except for Helia here. But not one of them closed the deal." Karga added. "Only you, Mando. Only you. And with it, the richest reward this parsec has ever seen. Please sit, my friend."

"I should go-" I began.

Karga cut me off at once. "No, you can stay. You are also my friend and one of my valuable partners."

I scooted over so he could sit. Once he took off his rifle from his back, he sat down beside me. I heard growling and we all looked over to see Ani glaring at the Mandalorian. Ani was very protective of me and it took him a while to trust those around me.

"Ani, koccic sulng. He's not an enemy." I reprimanded.

At once, Ani stopped glaring at the Mandalorian and plopped down on the ground beside our booth. I wore a sheepish smile as I looked over at the Mandalorian. "Sorry about him, he's just protective of me."

The Mandalorian glanced over at me. He merely gave me a small nod before turning his attention back to Karga. I hated how he wore a helmet, because I could never see his emotions.