Chapter Twenty-Three

***

Trigger warning: sexual assault.

***

"Oh my God," I gasped, feeling the heat rushing to my face. "Everyone is staring at me, Reth!"

"Embrace it!" He said in a declarative manner, but was eyeing the crowd with squinted eyes.

Earlier that morning, Reth had shown up at my front door with an eerily wide grin on his face. "Today is the day," he had said.

"The day for what?" I muttered, rubbing my puffy eyes, tired. "It's six o'clock in the morning, Reth."

"The day I get to pick what you wear to school." A devious grin. "We forgot about the most important part of our little bet."

My eyes widened. I had been hoping he would forget about that part of the bet, and I hadn't reminded him either. Moments later, he was dragging me inside and digging through my closet.

"You need to stay with dress code. I can't be getting in trouble," I murmured nervously.

He tossed something black at me. It was a skirt, with buttons that went all the way down. Next came a black statement belt, and a very revealing plaid bralette. As I examined it, a distressed jean jacket came flying at my face.

"Ooohh," he said excitedly. "And these!" He pulled out a dangerous looking pair of studded high-heeled booties that I had bought for a Halloween costume a few years prior.

I dangled the bralette in the air. "This is a bra."

"Yes," he chuckled.

"This is not in dress code," I said flatly.

"Just keep the jacket zipped up," he shrugged, turning to my vanity. "And put some of this on." He threw a lipstick container at me. Bright red.

"You are insane. Do I really have to do this?" I whined.

"Yes," he replied, pushing me towards the bathroom door. "This will be great."

He had driven me to school that morning, and as soon as we stepped out of the car, all eyes were on us; or more specifically, me

I pulled my skirt down self-consciously. I was not used to having so much attention on me, and the feeling was unnerving. Girls were staring with hardened expressions, boys in what seemed to be awe. I was embarrassed and intrigued all at the same time. I didn't think anyone even knew who I was.

Someone whistled when we entered the hallway. Reth sneered, eyes shooting around to locate the culprit, but soon realized it was only Natasha walking towards us. "Wow, you look great!" She exclaimed, nodding in approval.

"You finally transferred over!" I said excitedly.

"I sure did," she smirked. Raquel and Jules appeared behind her. "The only downside is these two dingbags followed me."