Chapter 42: No Control

Start from the beginning

"We've been apart for months now. I've missed being so close to you," Jaime said kissing along her neck. He sucked his mark into her skin. A moan escaped Karina's lips as he head fell back.

She knew that she shouldn't let it progress any further, but she couldn't help herself. If she had any sense of mind, she should've stopped Jaime. A gasp left her lips as Jaime entered her. "Jaime," she breathed out, her chin resting on his shoulder as she slowly began to move. Jaime's left hand was on her waist, helping her move up and down on his cock. He let himself get lost in the feeling of being so closely intertwined with her. Everything flew out the window for him. Jaime didn't notice that his wife was slowly breaking apart as he fucked her. He didn't notice how the single tear fell from her eye because she had cried all the tears she could muster. He hadn't noticed that her eyes were no longer like the ocean in the spring, but rather icy like the North. He didn't notice that the Karina he knew was very different from the Karina he was currently with. The sweet, loving wife he fell in love with had been replaced by a Queen who would do anything to protect her people, even letting go of him.

"Jaime," Karina sighed as she reached her climax at the same time as him.

~•~•~•~

Jaime laid on the bed, fully dressed and cleaned as Karina sat at the dresser brushing her hair. She was dressed in a long sleeve black and gold gown that accentuated all of her curves quite nicely according to Jaime. "How am I here?" Jaime asked. It had been bugging him since he woke up in her chambers. Karina stopped mid stroke, pulling the brush away from her hair, she set it down.

"It was an exchange," Karina replied not turning around to face him. "I vowed that the Spyre Army would fight alongside the North," she said truthfully making Jaime shoot up from his laying position.

"What?" He asked. "Robb Stark is marching against the Lannisters," he said. "He's raging a war against us," he continued.

"No, he's raging a war against your family," Karina stated. "To be completely honest, the Spyre Army would have vowed to support Robb regardless of you being his prisoner," she said emotionlessly.

"Why would you support them?" Jaime asked betrayed. He was finally seeing all the cracks that he had ignored while they were in the tub. She didn't have that warmth around her anymore, instead a frigid air surrounded them.

"Revenge, justice, anger, boredom,"
Karina listed getting up and turning to face him. "Pick whichever one you want," she shrugged.

"Why!" Jaime yelled angrily. He saw her similarities to Cersei more than ever before.

"Your father ordered the murder of two of my aunts. Laena and Elia. He had my cousins murdered. Before him, generations of Lannisters have killed Spyres," she said walking over to him. "If it's any consolation, I did truly fall in love with you over the course of our marriage. What has happened to you and what will eventually happen to you, hurts me more than you'll ever know," she said rest her hand on the side of his face.

"If you love me, then why are you doing this?" He asked, his eyes wide. He didn't want to believe. "Our family? Our son? We were happy!" He asked.

"I love you a lot Jaime, I really do. But it pales in comparison to the love and loyalty I have for my family, my house, and my people," she said. "As for our son, he will know that his father was a good man that I loved but couldn't be with no matter how much I wanted to. Jonah will know both sides of their family history, but he will be raised like a Spyre," she stated.

As she stepped back, Ser Francis and Ser Harrold walked into the chambers. "My Queen," the two men greeted with a bow. Jaime silently watched as he tried to comprehend everything he had learned. He didn't put up a fight as Ser Francis tied his arms against his body. He finally saw it. Her eyes were hollow. He saw the cracks she so desperately tried to hide from herself and others.

"Lock him in the pit," Karina ordered.

Yes, your grace," Ser Francis replied.

"Lord Camren sent word from Lannisport," Ser Harrold spoke catching Jaime's attention.

"Lannisport? What is your uncle doing in Lannisport?"Jaime asked.

"I forgot, you've been a prisoner of war and have missed a lot, dear husband," Karina said. "Lannisport was attacked by awful, awful pirates from the Stepstones. And being the wonderful and caring Lady of Casterly Rock, I sent some of the Spyre army to defeat the pirates. And we so graciously took control of the city to help in rebuilding," Karina told him. "The Lannisters no longer control Lannisport. I'm sure your family is fuming about that, but it's not like they can do anything about it unless they want to lose the war," she said waving her hand to dismiss the two knights.