Chapter Seven - The Camping Trip

Cas (POV)

3rd June -1 month after the kiss-

"So you're an insomniac?" I asked the boy called Adam and he nodded before looking shyly at his girlfriend, Aqua who only placed a gentle hand on his shoulder. Adam was one of Dean’s jock friends who I had come to know and he was a pretty quiet person. Never really spoke much but when he did, some of the stuff he came out with were absolutely hilarious so I had decided to become friends with him.

"He can sleep sometimes, but he can never sleep when he is at a friend’s house or away from home.” Aqua told me, smiling at her boyfriend who just shrugged.

“So you can sleep at home, just not out and about?” I ask him and he nods again.

“With difficulty.” He replies to me quietly.

“That’s crazy, haven’t you been to the doctors about it?” He grimaces slightly and Aqua shakes her head and sighs.

“He went to the doctors and they just recommended not sleeping out that often. Just staying at home instead to sleep.” She says, flicking her long brown hair off her shoulders and pouting slightly as Adam just smiled at his girlfriend with affection. A teacher came into the study hall and started handing out letters too all the students in there including me, Adam and Aqua. We looked at each other with our eyebrows raised slightly before opening up the letters.

Dear Student,

We would like to invite you to an all year camping trip on the 10th June to the 11th June. If you would like to participate in this Senior Year camping trip then please get parents to sign the slip below.

No drinking, smoking or sexual activity will be allowed on this trip and anyone caught doing so will be excluded from the school.

Thank you

Metatron

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“No drinking, smoking or sexual activity?” I ask to no one in particular and everyone looks at me. “Well that’s me out then.” Snickering goes around the study hall before students start stuffing the letter into their bags, ready to be taken home to their parents.

***

“A camping trip?” Lucifer snorted as I handed the letter to my mom. “Seriously?”

“What about it?” I pouted at my older brother and he just snickered before shaking his head slightly.

“Can’t imagine you camping. You’re such a girl.” He laughs before a smack him over the head and grumble something under my breath.

“What teachers will be there?” Mom asks me, looking up over the paper and I just shrug.

“One or two that teach our year I suppose. I dunno.” Mom nodded before getting a pen out and signing the sheet of paper with her neat signature and handing it back to me. I thank her before taking it back up to my room and begin to sort out my camping gear for next week. I wanted to be ready for it so I didn’t forget anything when the time came because that is what I usually do. Dean came round soon after I was all packed and raised his eyebrow at my already packed bag.

“Excited are we?” He laughed and I shrugged my shoulders and nodded my head.

“I’d be lying if I said no.” I laughed back and he made a move to come sit down on my bed but stopped dead in his tracks and instead sat on the floor. I frowned slightly and tilted my head at him