Chapter Seventeen - The Beach

*No. This will be nothing like Twist and Shout. Okay? I haven't read it so... yeah...*

Dean (POV)

I was nervous, why was i nervous? Oh yeah right, the date. My first ever date with my best friend. I feel sick. Not now brain, i have to get ready. I'm going to faint. I don't have time for this. We had finally decided on the beach because why the hell not? Everyone loves the seaside and it was somewhere different to the usual hustle and bustle of a restaurant or theatre. 

"DAD!" I scream down the stairs and i hear him grunt back. I groan and hurry down the stairs towards and look around frantically.

"What?" He asks, sipping on his beer and flicking through the channels on the television.

"Do we have any flowers in this house?"

"Flowers? Nah, you could try Anna next door. Bet she has loads of flowers." Dad said and i roll my eyes.

"I can't get the flowers from there!" I sigh in exasperation and he looks up at me with a cocked eyebrow.

"Why not? You take everything else from them." He grins at his own joke and i pout at him before digging inside his jacket to pull out some money. "What the hell are you doing?"

"I need money to get some flowers." I tell him seriously and i snatches his wallet back off me.

"Why do you need some flowers so much?"

"Because i'm going on a date and it's polite to get flowers." I say, throwing my arms up in the air.

"Who are you going on a date with?"

"Urm..." I stop myself and blush down at the ground before turning around on the spot and walking back up the stairs. "Forget about the flowers, i'll think of something else." I say quickly and run towards my room. That was awkward, it's not as if i was scared of telling him but it was just so difficult to tell how he would react. I check in my wardrobe and pull out a suit but shake my head. Dude, you're going to a beach not the fúcking prom. Yes alright Mr Sassy Pants, what the hell should i wear then? Shorts and a tee-shirt? When has Dean Winchester ever worn shorts? Oh yeah, that's right.. never. I don't think i even own a pair of shorts. Fine, what about jeans and a t-shirt then? I sigh and rub my head before pulling out a pair of jeans and a t-shirt... ones that i literally wear all the time. Suddenly my phone buzzes and i run over to see i have a text from Zandriel.

Z: Cas wants to know what you're wearing... if this is going to turn into some sex thing i don't want any part of it so you can just text him yourself.

D: i DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M GOING TO WEAR. HELP ME!!!

Z: You are both so fuckíng useless. 

D: STOP INSULTING ME AND HELP ME

Z: Calm your tits and just wear jeans and t-shirt. You're going to the beach not a wedding. 

D: What's Cas wearing?

Z: He's crying about it

D: What? Crying? Why?

Z: Metaphorically Dean, jfc. I'll just tell him to wear jeans and a t-shirt too and then neither of you will look likes twats. 

D: Wow, thanks for the confidence boost. 

Z: You're welcome. 

Okay, so at least Cas didn't know what he was wearing either. I pull on a clean pair of jeans and start deciding on what shirt to wear when i hear a knock at my bedroom door around 15 minutes later. My eyes narrow and i walk over to it and open it a fraction only to see that no body is there. I open the door a bit wider and look down to see a bundle of flowers on the floor in front of my bedroom door. I bend down to pick them up and look at the tag that reads;