Raquel POV

The limo pulled into the school's parking lot. I got into the limo tossing my backpack on the seat next to me. I put my seat belt on and pulled out my horse notebook of drawings that I payed professionally to get sketched.

" hello Raquel how was your day at school?" The limo driver asked. I looked up at Paul

" oh yeah my day was fine." I replied. I turned to the page where they drew Blue. Blue is my Dutch Warmblood horse. He is so cute. I smiled I couldn't wait to get back to the house! I could see the pasture in front of my house. I zipped up my backpack. The limo parked in our driveway. Paul came to the side of the limo opening the door, holding my hand as I got out. I gave him a smile. Paul waited for me at the front of our amazing house. He opened the door to the house for me. I walked in seeing the house maid my mom hired.

" miss. I am Caroline and I will take your coat and bag for you." Caroline said. I handed her my bag and coat. I sat at the bar.

" Caroline can I have some sprite?" I asked her.

" miss you know what your mom says about soda. How about some lemonade instead?" Caroline suggested. I sighed.

" never mind I am good." I told Caroline. My mom thinks that soda isn't lady like and is very bad for you. I come from a fancy family.

" miss I am sorry, I am just doing what your mom wanted." Caroline said.

" it's fine. I am going to my room to work on homework." I told her as I walked up stairs. I sat down on my perfectly made bed. Caroline even put a mint on my pillow. I laid down thinking about my stressful day. I got a detention. My parents will not take that very well. Cameron wouldn't leave me alone in class, kept throwing erasers at me and talking to me. I told him to shut up and then got in trouble. I took out my binder and looked at the bright yellow paper. It explained what I did and how it was wrong.

" Raquel." My mom entered the room. I quickly took my pillow and put it over the paper, hiding it so my mom wouldn't read the big bold letters.

" your teacher called." My mom said. She glanced down at the glowing pillow.

" are you trying to hide something?" My mom asked me. She looked at me and took the yellow paper out from under the pillow. She silently read it. I sighed.

" why would you hide this from me? You got a detention." I nodded and flinched from my mothers disappointed words. " I am going to talk to your father about this." Then my mom spun around and took off. I followed her hiding behind the bedroom door listening to their conversation.

" I can't believe our daughter got a detention. You know exactly what that will do to our reputation." My father told my mom.

" I know. It's not a good sign." My mom said sighing in defeat.

" I will sell that horse, I will." My father said angrily.

" you know she loves that horse." My mom tried to explain.

" she can't so this to us." My father replied.

" I know, but she will learn from this." My mom answered.

" let's hope so. If not that horse is going." My father growled. I couldn't believe my ears. They were so worried about their reputation instead of me? Wow. I ran to my room crying. I buried my face in my pillow blocking out my scream of hurt. I couldn't let my dad take Blue away. I just couldn't. Blue was the only one even though he was a dressage horse, knew that I wasn't fancy. I am nothing like my parents are.

When I am with my friends I am myself. I don't care about what people think of me. I am not this fancy rich girl. I don't care at all about money. I am not a patient French speaking girl who wears bows and black and white.

I like color and Blue is my only hope. He is my flickering candle that could go out at any second. I can't let my dad do this, I just can't.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Equestrianlover33 & countrygirl1055 ✏️