Chapter 9

He prided himself on being a fast runner, but no matter how he ran, he knew that he would not be able to make it on time for his lesson. Still, that didn't deter him and he pushed himself to run faster as hoping that by some chance, he would be able to make it for his transfiguration lesson before Professor McGonagall stepped into the classroom. Also, he wouldn't want his brown-eyed beauty getting in trouble due to some jerks.

Reaching the classroom, he screeched to a halt and quietly opened the door to the classroom. The room was quiet and swallowing nervously, he steeled himself and creeped into the classroom, to his seat with a blank face.

Everything was going well and the Professor went on teaching until he tripped over a chair, causing him to fall with a crash. "Malfoy, dentention for tardiness." A voice rang through the classroom. He scowled as sniggers burst through the side of the classroom that he was on. Of course, he had to trip over a Gryffindor's chair. How mortifying. Glancing up, what he saw caused his scowl to deepen even more. Apparently, he just had to trip over "Saint Potter's" chair. His budding hatred for the boy deepen even more. Finding no more reason to creep through the classroom, he stood up proudly.

Just then, his dull eyes met two gorgeous brown eyes peeking from the doorway. Having an idea, he stood up, making himself as prominent as possible and drawled loudly, "Of course Professor." Marching to his seat, he yanked out the chair noisily and slumped down into his seat. 

In the meantime, through his little scene, the brown-eyed girl managed to slip into the classroom unnoticed. She sighed in relief, wiping the sweat from her eyes. Glancing over to the grey-eyed boy, she shot a grateful smile at his back and began to make plans to thank him personally later.