6

The boy in question was eavesdropping on the conversation going on in the carriage and in a dilemma. On one hand, you could go in and meet up with the girl of his dreams. However, on the other hand, if he did that, he had to face his long time enemy, Harry Potter. And he did not have the courage to do that. He knew from the long conversation that the trio were going to take a long time before she actually came out. Furthermore, his friends would be waiting for him and he definitely did not want them to find him outside of Harry Potter's compartment. He would surely bring shame onto his father's name.

Sighing, he pushed himself off the wall of the compartment, giving one last longing glance at the compartment door. Going back to his compartment, he was greeting by a bunch of snide remarks. "Took a dump?" "Did you fall into the toilet bowl?"

He merely shook his head, no longer in the mood to participate in the jolly banter. Grabbing his cloak, he started to change, setting the lead for his other friends to turn and change too. Goyle, Crabbe and Nott would take the toilet while he and Blaise would change in the compartment. They changed while joking about and whacking each other with their old clothes. 

Suddenly, the compartment door slammed open and in stormed in Nott, Crabbe and Goyle. "What happened?" Blaise asked, immediately concerned with the diposition of his friends. 

"We met Harry Potter and his new sidekicks, that's what." Nott growled. "We wanted to share his food but the poor boy's stupid rat bit us. We left after that."

His heart soared. At least his girl wasn't harmed by them. "That's what you get for being a busybody, guys."  He drawled in his usual tone. He and Blaise started to poke fun at the fuming trio, letting out gales of laughter. For Blaise, it was spiteful laughter, but for him, if one's listened carefully, there was a tinge of relief in his laughter.