Chapter 3

They landed on the train platform. Immediately, Draco straightened and dusted off his clothing. He would do his best to remember what his father had told him before he left. "A Malfoy must always ensure that he is properly attired and neat, thinks before he speaks and should gain the respect of people around him. Seek to do me and our family proud." He chanted the advice religiously in his head.

His father cleared his throat, nodding towards the clock, signalling that it was time to board the train. Shaking his father's hand and going into his mother embrace, he savoured the last moments of contact he would have with his parents for the rest of the year. Grabbing his trunk, he boarded the train, a little misty eyed but trying his best not to show it.

Searching for a compartment, he decided to join Theodore Nott and Blaise Zabini, his childhood friends. Drowning, he realised that he had not seen the brown eyed mystery girl yet. He sighed heavily. Maybe they weren't fated, he thought wryly.

Settling back into his seat, he decided to join in the conversation that his future housemates were having.

Meanwhile, the brown eyed girl was sitting in the adjacent carriage, alone except for another round faced shy boy with a toad. Not talking, she snuggled up with a book, mentally prepared for the long journey. She too had searched for the grey eyed boy that she had bumped into, hoping for a familiar face amongst the crowd. Yet, her search was fruitless and she decided to sit in a random cabin and try to get some reading done. She had politely introduced herself to the round faced boy, Neville and then delved back into the wonders of "Hogwarts, a history".

Not too soon, she was interrupted from her reading by Neville. "Excuse me, sorry for the interruption, but have you seen my toad?" He asked, running his hand behind his neck in an embarrassed fashion.

Kind hearted as she was, she decided to search with him for his toad, starting with the adjacent cabin.