Where brown meets grey.

Contrary to popular belief, they first met at diagon alley, not on the train. It was a once off event, a fleeting moment. Yet, it was very significant.

They met in the most cliche manner ever -- bumping into each other head on. She fell down with a huff while he stumbled backwards.

Brown met grey as they stared into each other's eyes.

"Sorry!" She squeaked, "I was in a hurry and didn't see where I was going!" Her cheeks were flushed and her eyes dilated in excitement.

Being the every gentleman, he helped her up with a smile and kissed her hand. "No problem, my lady." He said in a suave tone. "And where may you be rushing to?" He questioned curiously.

She giggled and blushed. "To the bookshop!" She mumbled, "I know it seems nerdy but I love books."

He chucked, amused. "I too, do appreciate a good book, there's nothing to be embarrassed about. Oh are you starting Hogwarts this year too?"

She nodded enthusiastically in response. "But I'm kind of scared of going in, I mean I'm a --"

"Draco darling, there you are! I've been looking everywhere for you!" A grey eyed lady came hustling to him, brushing down his clothes and patting his hair into place.

"Sorry mother, I was caught up in my conversation." He replied. He barely managed a backward glance and wave to the girl before being dragged off by his mother to another shop.

It was until later that he realised he didn't ask the brown-eyed girl who she was.