Part 13

Walking into the Great Hall, the wonderful smell of pumpkins assaulted him. A thousand live bats fluttered from the walls and ceiling while athousand more swooped over the tables in low black clouds, making thecandles in the pumpkins stutter. Inhaling deeply, he closed his eyes, soaking in the wonderful atmosphere of Halloween. He loved Halloween. It was one of his favourite holidays and times of the year. He sighed happily. Nothing could spoil his mood right now.

Soon the crowd began to filter in, everyone taking their seats at the table. A tinkling noise caught the attention of the students and the everyone began to hush each other and quieten down. Dumbledore standing up, raised his cup and announced "let the feast begin!" 

Amidst the cheering of the students, the feast appeared suddenly on thegolden plates, as it had at the start-of-term banquet.

Draco was helping himself to a baked potato when he caught on to the conversation between Astoria and Pansy.  Apparently, they had overheard Parvati Patil telling her friend Lavender thatHermione was crying in the girls' bathroom and wanted to be left alone. 

Sniggering, Pansy laughed, "I thought Gryffindors were supposed to be strong and courageous. This Granger girl totally does not live up to their name." Immediately, contrary to what he thought previously, Draco's mood dampened. Hermione was upset? It must be that Pot-head and Weasel guy from Gryffindor bugging her again. Losing his appetite, he stared unhappily at his food. 

Just as he thought Halloween couldn't get any worst, Professor Quirrellcame sprinting into the hall, his turban askew and terror on his face.Everyone stared as he reached Professor Dumbledore's chair, slumpedagainst the table, and gasped, "Troll -- in the dungeons -- thought youought to know."He then sank to the floor in a dead faint. 

There was an uproar. It took several purple firecrackers exploding fromthe end of Professor Dumbledore's wand to bring silence.

"Prefects," he rumbled, "lead your Houses back to the dormitoriesimmediately!" There was a mad scramble as students swamped towards the doors.

As Draco was pushed by the human crowd to the doors, he felt that his mind was in more chaos than his surroundings. 

Author's Note:

Hey guys, was thinking of changing up the story from here (: what do yall think? Comment below!

Also v. sorry for the late updates, been swamped with school and I had severe writer's block? Anws school sucked so decided to get myself lost in writing again hehe. 

As always, love y'all and check out my other Dramione fic + my novel "The General" on my page. <3