Chapter 7

Fast forward

Letter 1

"I didn't believe in love at first sight until i saw you. My parents were loving but they won't exactly the perfect couple. I thought that I would prefer not to get married. After all, I didn't know what love is. Then I saw you. I reemeber going home after the day I saw you and tried to find your name on my Family Tree. I just wanted to know you so badly. Remember on our first day, I was standing outside your train compartment, trying to get the courage to go in and talk to you. Call me a coward, but I didn't. Maybe it was because I didn't want my friends to think ill of me or maybe because it was Harry Potter inside. I'll never know. Yet, I wonder if things would turn out differently if I had gone in then. Maybe we would be friends now and in the same house. Maybe Ravenclaw, since both of us seem smart. Up till today, the only thing that I was certain was that I didn't get into Gryffindor because I was a coward. And I will always regret it. I will always be thinking of you."

She looked up from the letter. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hermione Granger." Taking a deep breath, she stepped up onto the platform where the Sorting Hat was. Placing it gingerly over a head, she was met with darkness as the hat fell over her eyes. Hmm. A tiny voice said, coming for the hat. An intelligent mind and the thirst to prove yourself. Courageous too. It shall then be... GRYFFINDOR! Placing the hat down and smiling, she walked towards her new house. Meanwhile, grey eyes followed her every step of the way.

"Draco Malfoy." The grey-eyed, lanky boy dropped the extra-large hat over his head. Interesting, everything about you screams Slytherin and yet you want Gryffindor? I don't think you have the courage though, to be in Gryffindor. You will suffer in the long run. Meanwhile all the best in winning that girl over while in... SLYTHERIN! His heart dropped but he pulled a smug face, concealing his emotions as he walked towards his new housemates. It was going to be a long 7 years.