Chapter 2: The Wedding

Start bij het begin

Being here in this dress makes me ten times more emotional. Dad has no idea how much he is hurting mom. And I just have to grin and bear it. And I gotta walk in this dress and wear these pathetic shoes and have this tulip in my hair and just wish it would all be over. But I wish this was all just a bad dream. I had thought I might die or something. But I'm here having to honor my father's happiness.

I did nothing but pace anxiously because of how terrified I was about this wedding going through with. Why can't dad just change his heart. But I am stuck here having to do it all. I felt like crying once I knew there were a lot of people at the ceremony. And of course I wanted to scream right now. But I remained silent.

I had thought of how bright this day might be. Talking of the ceremony I had invited my friends, Peach, Mandy and her boyfriend, Aaron, and Victoria and her boyfriend, Luke. And Christopher decided to bring his three best friends. And I got no idea what their names are. But when I mentioned about my dad getting married to my friends they were more curious about my stepbrother. What he looked like. But I did not tell them about the crush I have on him. But I think in time my crush on him will go away. If we're living in the same house I know it'll eventually fade away.

I looked at Colleen who looked dreadfully nervous. I saw the tears falling down from her eyes. But they were happy tears. Not the kind when your sad that your father or mother died from. The kind where you know your life is the greatest thing. And that's definitely Colleen's face right now. But she looked pale.

I don't even know if dad is nervous. I've never seen dad get nervous. Only serious. And I think the groomsmen did arrive already if there's a lot of people. And I can't even imagine if my dad wore the most expensive suit. It would look good on him but too expensive is way too much. And that's why weddings is full expense.

I could hear the loud voices singing that sounded like angels singing through the church's walls. And I just remained silent and I looked at the door and the bouquet was in my hand as I felt nervous. And I just thought of how amazing everything should be. But only for my dad's happiness. Even though I'm not excited about my dad getting married. I'm just bearing it for my father's happiness.

      I think of how I might look. I don't wanna look like something out of a horror story with my face looking too pale. Maybe this dress looks hideous on me. And I am just terrified of having to walk down that aisle. We had the wedding dinner rehearsal last week. Which of course Christopher didn't show. But Colleen's family and dad's family all showed. And I'll tell you Grandma wasn't pleased about dad getting married to Colleen. She made it clear she did not give the blessing but only has to just go with what dad wants. However, Grandpa wasn't as upset as Grandma is.

I feel like running away and plus I nearly did throw up at the Nativity Play I was in when I was seven. And I do remember just crying afterwards. And my stomach has just ended up in the worst of knots.

    I felt like I might just faint or fall. But I reminded myself to stay strong. I knew that dad's wedding would definitely mean something. I know my friends probably arrived and I definitely just stared at how much I looked as a bridesmaid. And Colleen kept saying all of us looked pretty. But I was not fine with just being this frail girl. I'm sixteen and still have body issues with self love. But I am trying my best to look perfect. For my father.

When I was eight, dad always told me that I would always be his little girl. And he said he could never love anyone over me. And I believed him as I did nothing but enjoy the kindness I rejoiced. And dad always said promises about so much. But was it the truth?

I thought of running away. Instead of the runaway bride it's the runaway bridesmaid. I honestly can't stand being here and just staying here with my heart going so fast. The nerves climbed higher and higher up my body.