Chapter 2: The Wedding

Start from the beginning

While outside in the November weather in San Diego outside her house in the big driveway, she had nearly tripped with her shoes on. And of course her changing outfit was back at our house in Santa Monica so when she and dad leave for Rome she get out of her gown and into a more comfortable dress that resembles the gown but in a short knee length dress that is strapless. And not very long of us made out of lace or long sleeves.

"We're off to the church! We should get there before the guests arrive. We don't want anyone seeing me in my gown." Colleen nervously spoke and in a way I felt sorry for her.

I wasn't sure if I was to get in a different car than the limousine but Colleen's father nodded for me to get in and instructed the girls to make room for me. I sat in between Jennifer and Hilary. And I was all gasps because of how fancy the limousine is. And I felt like I might ruin my mascara from being so filled with joy tears. Hilary had Colleen's purse that had her phone, ID and personal things.

I stared at how beautiful the dress Colleen was wearing. And I just looked at how amazing she was. And I definitely loved the way she looked and how her makeup was. I don't care if she is marrying my dad. Because they haven't said "I Do" quite yet.

Once the limousine started driving I had thought of nothing but what the entire church will be like. How many people were invited. I know dad probably invited lots of people he works with at the hospital or his friends in general. The ones he's known since childhood. And they went to his and mom's wedding eighteen years ago.

I held these bouquets on my lap along with my purse. And I gotta say the shoes were definitely killing me. But I suck it up and I sat nicely and of course I was waiting for us to arrive at the church that is in Santa Monica so the drive is quite far but not too far. And I just relaxed myself. But at the cabin this morning I did take a shower so I feel pampered and groomed up.

"Did any of you talk to Christopher this morning?" Colleen panicked, looking at each of us.

Something tells me that he doesn't do well with early rising like he probably over sleeps.

"Colleen, mom and dad talked to him this morning. He and his friend were heading to the F.L.D and to meet Edward where the rest of the party were. So please sis, calm down. Christopher is fine. He will be there with the rest of the groomsmen." Kathleen said, trying her best to calm Colleen down as possible.

Colleen sat back, relaxing her shoulders and every nerve in her body.

      It took about twenty minutes to arrive at the church where we entered through a basement way where youth group is usually held. And of course, we went upstairs to this back room where Colleen sat down in this chair where she could actually rest her feet. But of course, I had to take a look at her. And I just admired everything about her.

    "Colleen, I'd just like to say I'm sorry about all the things I said to you about you marrying my dad." I admitted, even though I don't know why I was admitting it to her. Or why I felt like I needed to apologize.

   "You have nothing to be sorry for." She touched my cheek and stroked it gently. "But the truth is... I do love your father. And he makes me happy. And maybe one day... maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow or next week or month. But one day... you may find someone who will complete you and you'll see the one person who makes you fall so madly for them."

   "I'm sure your right." I smiled with a nod.

Colleen has no idea how perfect she looks. But I got no idea what my dad or what she sees in him or what he sees in her. And my mom is probably home just spending a strange day alone. But maybe having a cookout like she usually does with her friends. It's how she deals with stress. Drinking wine and cooking on the grill with friends. And I can imagine her doing that.