fights

You've been waiting around for Miley to get home for over an hour now. She's late. Normally, you wouldn't worry. But she's been sick the last couple days and she hasn't ever been this late without some kind of heads up, like a simple text or a phone call. But nothing this time.

You blew out another heavy sigh when you tried to call her only for it to go straight to voicemail. You heard the keys in front door not even a minute later. you wanted to race over and embrace her in a hug, but you have to admit that you're upset, and you're not planning on greeting her in any loving way until she gives you an explanation or apology.

She closed the door behind her and turned around to see you sitting at the table. "Hey. Why are you still awake?" You angrily sighed. "Are you being serious? Miley do you have any idea what time it is?" She shook her head. "It's after two am. Why are you just now getting home?" She rolled her eyes and groaned. "Not this, y/n."

"What? What do you mean "not this"? You've been sick for the past couple of days and you're never home this late without letting me know!" She ran her hand through her hair. "Yeah and thanks so much for asking me how I'm feeling." You pinched the bridge of your nose. "I just worry about you. Can you not see that?" Miley slammed her hands on the counter. "Well then stop worrying about me! I'm 27 years old, I can take of myself. And quite frankly, you greeting me like this when I'm sick and had a long day is annoying. You're just being really annoying right now."

You scoffed and threw your hands in the air before storming out to the backyard. Miley cursed under her breath before taking a few deep breaths to calm herself down. Once she felt like she was calmer the reality of the situation hit her. She knows you care. And she also knows that if she would've been in your shoes she'd be acting the same way.

She went out to the backyard and saw you sitting on the swing. It was chilly. She hasn't taken off her hoodie yet but she can tell even with it on. And you're sitting in a pair of sweats and a tank top. She sat down on the ground in front of you. "I'm sorry. Can you please come inside? It's chilly out here. I don't need you getting sick like I am."

"Not until you apologize." She groaned. "I did, y/n. I just apologized." You lifted your head and even though it was dark, she could still see your eyes glimmering a little. "Fine. I was wrong and I'm sorry. I know you were just worried about me and I appreciate that. Don't get me wrong, please. I know you just worry and I'm really sorry. I should've called you or sent you a text. Anything just to let you know I was safe."

You sighed and leaned forward to wrap your arms around her. "Do you really think I'm annoying?" Miley shook her head and tucked a strand of your hair behind your ear. "No. You are the only person in this world that could never annoy me." She kissed your forehead and you smiled. "Thank you. I'm sorry I didn't ask you if you were feeling okay. Even if I'm mad I should always ask you if you're feeling okay when you're sick. So? Are you okay?"

She nodded her head. "Yeah. Nothing some cuddles with my favorite girl can't fix. Under about five, six blankets, maybe." you both laughed and she grabbed your hand to lead you inside, ready to put everything that happened behind you and cuddle with you until you both fell asleep.