car rides

You yawned as Miley continued to drive along the road. It was quiet, dark, and extremely peaceful and relaxing.

Miley had the idea of going to surprise your parents that live several states away from california. She wanted to drive it so it could be a little more relaxing and quiet, and you could spend a bit more quality time together than you would if you flew to your parents house. But it was nearing midnight and you still have several hours to go.

You felt so relaxed though that part of you didn't want Miley to stop driving. You started to feel so relaxed that you even felt a little tired. Miley could tell you were starting to get sleepy; you're a little less talkative now, a telltale sign that you're getting tired. Miley reached for your hand with one of hers and gave it a little squeeze. "You can push the seat back, baby. If you're tired you can go to sleep."

You didn't really want to go to sleep yet but you were tired. So you did as she said, pushing the seat back a bit and reaching for the pillow and blanket in the backseat. You put the pillow behind your head and covered up with the blanket before you turned the music up a little and closed your eyes. "I'll wake you up if we stop for food or when we get there if you're still asleep. For now though, just close your eyes and get some rest." She ran her thumb across your hand.

She looked between you and the road, just smiling as she watched you slowly fall asleep. She knew it'd be a little more boring of a drive without you to talk to, but you needed and deserved your sleep and she was happy to let you get it.

You slept like a rock the whole way through. You only woke up once or twice when she'd stop for gas or if you'd hit a bigger bump on the road, but you fell back asleep almost right away. Miley didn't mind at all though. She'd mumble a quiet goodnight to you and bring your hand up to her lips to press a couple soft kisses to your skin.

She'd probably never do these things with anyone else, but for you it was always worth it.