𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞.

⋆° დ ༄ UNTIL THERE WAS TROUBLE
chapter nine. monster.

Sam sits on the couch in Brayden's apartment, having a beer and watching the Blackhawks game, while Wyatt and Denise are playing video games in the next room and Gracie is on the carpet playing with some toys, when there's a knock at the door

Brayden stands up to answer the door and says, "Colton, hey"

"Hey man" the brunette says, walking in.

"What are you doing here?"

"Just wanted to stop by, since I was in the neighborhood."

"Oh. Sam, this is my brother, Colton, not the one you heard me arguing with over the phone. Colton, this is my partner, Sam" Brayden says, as Sam stands up to go shake hands with Colton.

"Hi, nice to meet you" Sam smiles.

"You too" Colton says, before Sam walks into the bedroom to see how Denise and Wyatt are doing, "so, your new partner, huh? She's pretty"

"And married" Brayden says.

"Then why is she here instead of being with her husband?"

Brayden shrugs and says, "What are you really doing here?"

"It's mom. She's not doing to good"

"How bad is it this time?"

"The doctor gave her 6 months"

Sam stands behind the wall, listening to their conversation and leans her head on the wall and sighs.

🌙🌙🌙

The next day, Hank and Sam walk onto the crime scene at a house in a nice neighborhood where Hailey and Jay are standing in the yard.

"She stole our money to buy her fix. Looks like she was trying to get high before her kids got home" Hailey explains.

"We found a straight razor and a white powder substance. Field tested for oxy. She probably snorted it. We tried like hell, we couldn't revive her" Jay says.

"We'll crack off of a vice report on your attempt to buy. Dump her phone. She must have reached out to her supplier"

"Okay" Jay says, before making eye contact with his wife, who walks away.