𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧.

⋆° დ ༄ UNTIL THERE WAS TROUBLE
chapter seven. care under fire.

Adam walks out of Voight's office with a bug, that Wood's wants to be put in his office, but couldn't do, when he hears small cries and whimpers from the break room, and he walks in to see Jay sleeping on the couch and says, "Jay

Adam walks out of Voight's office with a bug, that Wood's wants to be put in his office, but couldn't do, when he hears small cries and whimpers from the break room, and he walks in to see Jay sleeping on the couch and says, "Jay. Jay, wake up, man" then he goes to put his hand on the brunette's shoulder, who then jumps up, with his fist held back, ready to throw a punch, "Hey, it's alright. Whoa. You okay?"

Jay drags his hands down his face and says, "Yeah, man. I just came in to take a nap"

"A nap? It's 7:30 in the a.m., man. Why aren't you at home with Sam and the kids?"

Jay looks at his watch and says, "I, uh...What are you doing here so early?"

"I had to do some paperwork" Adam says, as Jay gets up and heads for the door, "Are you sure you're alright?"

"Yeah, man. It was just..a bad dream"

"Does Sam know about these bad dreams?"

"No...and don't tell her" Jay says, before walking away.

🌙🌙🌙

"Sarg" Hailey says, as she and Sam walk over to Hank and Jay, from the ambulance after a shooting occurred at College near Randolph park and Sam rests her hand on her husbands arm, "We have a witness who saw our female victim running inside with a kid. She hid, heard gunshots, looked up, and saw the offender running for an exit with a boy over his shoulder"

"Any sign of the boy?" Hank asks and Sam shakes her head, "So, this is a kidnapping?"

"Possibly, yes" Sam says.

🌙🌙🌙

"Tell me we got an ID on this boy" Hank says, walking onto the unit. Kim gets up from her desk and says, "Uh, not yet, but we do know more about the DOA. She is originally from Dayton, Ohio. Biology major, working part time as a nanny. So, I assume the boy was under her watch"

"We're dumping her phone. Got a car on the way to her dorm" Porter says, walking over to them, "Uh, local police are on the way to talk to her parents"

"Anything that might make us think our DOA was the intended target?" Hank asks.

"No. Sarg, it looks like these guys were there to kidnap the boy, and Teresa just got in the way" Jay says, standing up and turning his computer around to show them the security footage. "Look. There's Theresa and the boy"