psyche

A/N: y'all are so patient I love you guys <3

No POV

As the group rushed to leave, they realized who would be staying. Andrea, Amy, and Jacquie all sat on the lab floor, watching the clock tick down. Jaxx sat beside Jacquie, ready to fulfill his promise.

"If you're gonna sit here and die, I ain't lettin' you go without me." Said Daryl, sitting beside Jaxx and leaning against him. "What? No, Daryl you can't.. My love please go with the others, live." Jaxx insisted, but Daryl only climbed into Jaxx's lap like a stubborn toddler.

"There is no life without you, Clover. No Merle, no you.. I'd rather die with you than be alone." Daryl insisted, Jaxx felt the tears begin to well up as Daryl gave him a kiss.

"Go.. Please." Said Jenner after the sorrowful moments of silence, Jaxx looked at the doctor in disbelief. "But you said it was useless." Jaxx reminded, but Jenner only shook his head. "I know what I said. But.. You don't have to stay." Jenner replied, looking at the five waiting for death.

Jaxx looked at the clock, a minute left. Then he looked at his husband who was prepared to die with him. "Daryl, we're going."

And with that Jaxx got up, slung their bags over his shoulder, and ran as fast as he could with Daryl at his side.

"What about Amy and Andrea?!" Daryl asked, but Jaxx knew they wouldn't leave. "They're afraid of the outside world, wonder boy. We arent." Jaxx insisted, for once only caring about himself and the safety of Daryl.

Once making it to the lobby, they found that the others had already broke a window to escape. Climbing through, the two booked it to the cars with their things in tow. "Daryl and Jaxx are coming!" Called out Dale, seeing the two coming their way.

Jaxx could still hear the clock in his head, ticking down to the last second. He threw Daryl behind some sand bags and went down with him.

"EVERYONE GET DOWN!!" he screamed, getting the group to the ground in time for the CDC to explode in a bursting ball of light. Once the flying pieces of glass stopped, the group got up and climbed back into their respective cars.

Unbeknownst to the group, leaving Andrea and Amy's car behind.

This time skip is brought to you by I just killed Andrea and Amy

Finally finding a Walker free road to stop and regroup, the cars all came to a halt.

When the group came to find that one car was missing, Rick went to Jaxx. "Jaxx.. Where's Andrea and Amy?" He asked, now given time to think about what had happened, Jaxx's heart felt like a heavy stone.

"I.. I'm sorry Rick. We didn't even try to get them out I... I was so scared for Daryl and myself." He confessed, knowing if he dared to lie his mother would have Smited him from heaven.

The group was shocked, of course. "You mean you just left them there?" Dale asked, Jaxx nodded and hung his head. "They didn't want to go.. Just like Jacquie..." Was his response, which was not good enough for a certain meat head.

"You didn't even try to get them out?! Some help you are." Said Shane, crossing his arms. Jaxx's stomach felt like a never ending pit, and Daryl felt nothing but rage.

"You leave him the fuck alone! He saved y'alls asses, and your gonna turn on him because for once he thought about himself?!" He protested, shutting Shane down and making the group feel apologetic.

"I-Im sorry.. I'm so sorry." Jaxx began to cry, the guilt of leaving the sisters behind heavy on his heart. Then he felt an arm pull him in for a hug.

"Don't blame yourself, Jaxx. They, along with Jacquie, just weren't meant for this world." Dale insisted, hugging the taller man. Jaxx gave him a small smile, and hugged him in return.

"Thank you, Dale." He Thanked, letting go of Dale. The group all gave Jaxx a solemn thanks, all except for Shane and Carol.

Climbing back into their vehicles to follow Dale's RV to fort benning, Jaxx took the wheel of the truck with T-Dog in the passenger seat, and Daryl on Merles motorcycle.

"Clover.. What made you change your mind? About stayin' in the CDC?" Daryl asked before the group took off, Jaxx gave his husband a loving glance.

"You did.. You and your stubborn ass." Jaxx replied, making Daryl chuckle in response.

"Shuddup, you love my ass." "Indeed I do, wonder boy."

This time skip is brought to you by the big gay

By the middle of the day, the group found themselves stuck on the open highway. The road being completely blocked with cars and bodies.

"God.. So much death..." T-Dog muttered as the truck stopped. "Something tells me we're gonna have to get used to it." Jaxx replied, stopping the truck as Daryl pulled up beside him.

"I'm gonna go check ahead! See if there's any clearings." Daryl called before promptly driving away. The line of vehicles followed Daryl through the narrow abandoned car free path, hoping they'll see the end soon.

"So.. You and Daryl..." Said T-Dog, breaking the silence in the old truck. "How do you two even become a thing?"

"Well.. Originally he was just another redneck drunk to me. Came in with his brother almost every night, got shitfaced, fought a couple of guys, got kicked out, and repeat. But the one night he came in sober and stayed sober.. He was really sweet. Dont tell him I told you this, but hes a wonderful guy. He's just troubled, thanks to Merle. Our friendship grew to a crush, then we kissed on my last night working in the bar... From that moment I knew he was mine." Jaxx spoke with the softest tone, a smile on his face as he drove.

"I never really thought of him as a.. You know. Cause of the whole..." T-dog trailed off, not wanting to bring up the obvious.

"You never suspected him of being gay because of Merle, the brother from hell?.. Yeah no one does. Daryl's a quiet guy... No one really knew what he liked until I came along." Jaxx's story cut short as the cars in front of him came to a halt.

"What's going on?" T-Dog asked as they climbed out of the truck, Dale approaching them with tools.

"The RV broke down.. Rick said stay safe and stay close." Dale explained before grabbing T-Dog for help. Jaxx's shrugged and looked around the cemetery of cars.

"I'm gonna go get some extra fuel from these cars.. Maybe we should search them?" Jaxx suggested, getting a nod of approval from Rick.

"And there's gotta be extra parts for the RV.." T-Dog spoke up, finally getting the TV's engine door open.

"Yeah, maybe some water." Carol spoke, Jaxx tossed her a bottle from his bag. "Here, not thirsty today." Carol nodded a thanks to him, which Jaxx returned before going off further to look in the taller vehicles. As the group works, Jaxx notices the sound of the RV and closing doors stop, and the growling of walkers begin.

Jaxx climbed atop a truck to see what was coming, and all he saw was a horde of the dead.

"Son of a bitch.."