Im Alive, wow

(A/N: I'm not dead, just depressed. Some warnings, use of homophobic slurs and attempted rape near the end)

Jaxx chuckled as Daryl sat him in an empty bedroom, noticing the nerves getting the best of him. "Daryl, you okay?" Jaxx asked, making his husband sit beside him on the cot-like bed and holding the older man close.

"I'm a damn idiot." Muttered Daryl, leaning into Jaxx as he sighed. Jaxx hugs his husband close and kisses the back of his neck,"well I know that. Why are you saying it, though?" He asked, wrapping his legs around Daryl's waist to pull him closer. "If I'da just.. Came home a little bit earlier. We wouldn't have been separated we... We could have just survived on our own instead a gettin' strung up with these people." Daryl spoke, frowning like a toddler having a tantrum.

Jaxx chuckles and holds his moping husband. "My love.. Don't blame yourself for these events. Yes I'm bitten but... At least I am immune! And I wouldn't speak badly of these people, most of them are good and have pure hearts.. Well except for Shane, but we could feed him to the walkers at any time." Jaxx reassured, making Daryl crack a smile with his last comment. "God I've missed those snarky remarks.." He mutters, letting Jaxx turn his head so he can give his love a proper kiss.  "And I've missed those lips of yours." Jaxx smiled against Daryl's lips as he turned the older man's body to face his, "yeah well you're a dirty son of a bitch.." "I'm all yours, wonderboy."

Sadly, their time was cut short by little feet running down the hall to their room. "Uh.. The doctor guy has food out if you guys are hungry." Came the little voice of Carl, unaware of the horrors he would have faced if he was a few minutes late. Jaxx chuckles and let's Daryl go, then gets up himself and dusts off his shirt. "Alright Carl we'll be out. If there's Alcohol make sure no one drinks all of it." Jaxx said, giving the boy a wink. The child smiled and ran off, making Jaxx shake his head.

The two then walked towards the central room together, sitting with the others to eat and to talk. Dale poured wine for Jaxx, and Jaxx happily drunk it down. Daryl on the other hand, took an entire bottle of whiskey and began to drink heavily. "My love slow down, the last thing I need is to carry your light weight ass back to bed." Jaxx informed, making the others laugh. "I didn't know he was a light weight!" Commented Glenn, and Jaxx smirked and looked at his husband.

"Oh he is alright. He once got so drunk he thought the mannequin outside of a shop was me. Dragged it a whole two blocks until he realized I was still in the store!" Jaxx howled in laughter with the others, making Daryl's face heat up in embarrassment. "Yeah, well I'd like to see how red your face can get Glenn, so keep drinkin'!" Daryl challenged, only getting a good chuckle out of the rest and a firm hand on his shoulder from his husband.

"Daryl.." Jaxx said, in a reminder tone. The redneck rolled his eyes and looked towards Jaxx. "I was only kiddin', clover." And Jaxx raised an eyebrow in disapproval. "Right well before we have a marital dispute between sort of drunk hillbilly and Irishman, it seems to me we haven't thanked our host properly for allowing us in here." Said Rick, standing and gesturing to Jenner. "He is more then just our host!" Spoke T-Dog, sending an array of "here-here!"'s from the group. As they settled, Jaxx's eyes landed on Shane.

He saw a terrible thought brewing in that pea brain of his, and Jaxx knew he wasn't going to like whatever the man said. " So when are you gonna tell us about the others, doc? You know the other doctors.. We came here for answers and all we found was you." Spoke up Shane, making the room grow from comfortable to tense.

"We're celebrating, Shane. Let's not do this now." Rick requested, but of course Shane did not listen. "Well we're here for answers, ain't we? I'm asking the questions." Shane's smirk was almost stomach churning, there was just something Jaxx hated about the man. "Well maybe they're all hiding inside your Easter Island head nose, Shane." Jaxx commented, casually sipping on his wine glass full of orange juice.

The former cop glared at the red head, but Jaxx wasn't intimidated. "Well when things got bad.. A lot of people just left to be with their families. And when things got worse, they took the easy way out..." Spoke up Jenner, making the room fall silent. Everyone stared at Shane, "dude.. You are such a buzz kill." Said Glenn, putting down his beer.

To shake the deathly silence, Jenner began to show off the housing of the building. "Oh and uh, go easy on the hot water when you shower." He mentioned before walking away.

Jaxx and Daryl smiled at each other at the mentioning of hot water. "You thinking what I'm thinking, Clover?" Daryl asked, holding his husband by his slim waist. "You save more hot water with two people in a shower..." Jaxx muttered, wriggling out of Daryl's hold and leading him to an empty shower stall. This time, no one could interrupt them. "Sweetheart, this is why you're the smarter one."

(This time skip is brought to you by I don't know how to write smut scenes yet)

As the two came out of the shower together, Jaxx threw on a pair of sweat pants he borrowed from T-Dog and brushed his hair out, watching Daryl dress himself. "You know, I could have lifted you up on that wall if you weren't such a baby." Jaxx commented, earning a playful sneer from Daryl. "Yeah well I'd rather not die by shower sex." He commented back, making Jaxx chuckle. "Sounds like a fun way to die.. Well maybe for me since I'm not the one dying with a dick in me." He jeered, leaving the room as Daryl chucked his shirt at the Irishman.

As Jaxx walked back towards the room he and Daryl claimed, he heard the sounds of someone throwing up in Andrea and Amys claimed room. Being a concerned Ex nurse, Jaxx walked in and immediately over to Andrea who was throwing up in the bathroom. He lifted her hair out of the way as she vomited. "There you go, girlie. Let it all out.." Jaxx comforted, looking around for Amy. Once Andrea was done throwing up Jaxx gave her a wash cloth to cool off with.

"Next time don't drink so much on an empty stomach love. Where's Amy?" And Andrea nodded towards the door to the room. "In the other room with Carol and the kids.. I didnt wanna say this around her but... Jaxx I'm scared. I'm scared of the outside world.. I mean there's zombies out there! The living dead... It's terrifying and I didn't realize that until I almost lost Amy!" Andrea looks up at Jaxx with fearful eyes.

"yes but you didn't! She's alive and well.. Do you want me to fetch her for you?" Jaxx asks, briskly walking out of the room as Andrea nods.

Once making it to the rec room, Jaxx informs Amy of Andrea and sits down with the kids and Carol. "You sure are strange, Jaxx.." Carol speaks up, making Jaxx look back in bewilderment. "You're so selfless in this.. Selfish world." She continues, making Jaxx chuckle and shake his head.

"It's what My Ma always taught me. Care for those who deserve it.. And in this day and age mostly everyone deserves some kindness. Mostly..." Jaxx muttered the last part, Carol clearly knowing who he was hinting towards.

"Well.. I'm grateful for you. Most of us are... Especially the kids." She says with a smile, rustling her daughters hair. "Well it's off to bed for these two.." Spoke Carol after a moment of silence, getting up and having Carl and Sophia follow her after giving Jaxx a hug.

Jaxx smiles and watches the three leave before looking behinds the liquor cabinet for more booze, hoping maybe this facility has a drop of Irish whiskey.

When hearing the door open and slam shut, he crouches to the ground instinctively. "Jesus Shane what is your problem?" Asks a troubled Lori, making Jaxx sigh and having that terrible feeling rise in his stomach. "I'm gonna tell you a few things, and you're gonna listen to me." Shane says, clearly drunk on whatever he drank earlier in the evening.

'Just great, now I have to watch Lori's back.' Jaxx thinks, poking his head out from the darkest corner of the mini bar. He watches Shane ramble about Rick and Lori, getting dangerously close to her and cornering her against a table. As he rambled Jaxx got more worried for Lori, until finally Shane leans in to kiss her.

Jaxx stands up and hops over the liquor cabinet and drags him off of the terrified woman. "STAY OUTTA THIS FUCKING FAG" Shane yells, but Jaxx doesn't hear. All he sees is in that moment is a man who just tried to rape his friends wife, and red.