Long Story

A/N : Sorry for not updating in so long and kinda weird chapter with weird grammar 

Glory was waiting at the gates of the school, science textbook in hand, as she had been in too much of a hurry to keep it back inside her bag. Reason: Deathbringer.

Moons! He never left her alone! And coincidentally he was in science with him. Glory actually liked science as a subject, but Mastermind was a terribly boring teacher. 

She stood outside until she saw Clay, Sunny and Tsunami walking towards her. "Where are the others?" She asked noticing a smaller crowd of friends. "Riptide has practice," Tsunami informed, a little too quickly. 

"Star has to stay after school because his dad wanted him too and Fate has maths remedial today" Sunny answered.

"Peril got detention in science so she will go home with her mother'' Clay told everyone.

Glory laughed, "I barely avoided that myself! Death bringer was sitting next to me and he kept pestering me with these little paper chits that had sappy pick up lines. And yes, he did get detention, thankfully." She added before Tsunami could give one of her expert comments.

Tsunami's grin dropped as she saw a blue car in the distance. So suddenly that Glory almost dropped her bag she shoved all of them into Clay's Jeep. "START THE CAR! START THE CAR!" she screamed. Clay sat there, confused, for a moment before he finally understood the instructions and started the brown Jeep. As soon as they were on the road she started shouting again, "FASTER!''. 

"Moons! What's the hurry?" Glory asked, quickly buckling in her seatbelt and helping Sunny with hers. "There's something called traffic rules, girl"

"I don't care! And speed up!"

"But WHY are you in such a hurry?! And Clay! You don't have to do what this maniac is telling you to!" She shouted as Clay narrowly avoided knocking over a trash can.

"I need to get home before my siblings." Tsunami replied gravely, pointing to the same blue car.

All her friends gave her an incredulous look, "Why?"

She was silenced, but only for a second. "I'm a naturally competitive person! Okay! Now SPEED UP!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Turtle was sitting in the backseat of his mother's car. Anemone was in the front seat next to their mother, texting someone named Tamarin. Actually Turtle knew who Tamarin was, through Kinkajou of course. She was one her best friends, but Turtle had never really talked to her in person. All he knew was that Tamarin was blind and had joined JMS, Jade Middle School, this year only. "Who are you texting?" Coral asked.

"Tamarin" replied the little blonde girl. Like their mother, Anemone had blonde hair as well, just hers were an even lighter color, except for the tips, which she had dyed pink. His sister wore a faded pink croptop with an extremely light blue skirt and in her lap was a bedazzled and overwhelmingly bright bag. 

"The blind girl?"

"Yes," This time her voice sounded slightly annoyed.

"How is she even texting?"

"Someone is typing for her"

At this point turtle zoned out of the conversation until they reached home. Home would be a humble way to describe it though. It was situated in the rich area of the city. Well no surprise there, his parents owned the main newspaper around here, so yes, he lived in a so so  really big bungalow with a swimming pool and huge backyard. 

When they got out of the car, his older sister was already there. Anemone and Tsunami did their sister special handshake (something they had been trying to teach auklet and failing at) , but half of Anemone's attention was on her phone as she walked inside. And Tsunami looked disappointed for some reason.

Tsunami grinned at Turtle as he approached. "So how was school, brother?" She asked. "I survived" he said dully entering the house after his younger sister. He stopped by the kitchen counter and searched through the lower cupboards until he found his dad's  'secret' stash of cookies. Seriously ALL of them, even Auklet, knew about it. He stocked up on a few before heading to his room. "Where's dad?" He asked Coral as she passed him in the hallway. "He's showing Auklet her new preschool. She'll be starting next week." She said, walking hurriedly past him. He nodded, entering his room and closing the door behind him.

To his surprise Tsunami was already there, lounging on his padded chair. "What are you doing here?" He asked, setting down his bag at the study table which was overflowing with notes and random papers.

 "Soooo I heard you guys got assigned your senior advisors for highschool, today" said the older girl. A few years ago both the school's had started this program where Middle school students would be assigned older students to prepare them for highschool. This would also help the high schoolers earn credit.

"Yeah"

"Who all are in your group?"

"Well, our teacher allowed us to choose so you know, our group. Me, Moon, Qibli, Winter and Kinkajou"

"Lucky! Who did you get?"

" A girl named Peril" (Yes, Peril wanted extra credit)

"That's so cool-" before Tsunami could finish Turtle added, "My whole grade is terrified of her. They say she was the biggest meany in her time"

Tsunami faltered, that was true, but Peril was different now. (It took her a few years to realise that but THAT ISN'T THE POINT) "Umm, she's different now" she defended her friend. "Even I'm friends with her. And when you get to know her she's freaking BLAZING" Tsunami exclaimed with a dramatic flare of her arms, using a reference from their first meeting. (But if course Turtle wouldn't get it)

"How?"

"It's a long story..." Tsunami informed him, grinning as she knew that her brother was extremely fond of those.

"I love long stories!"he cried, settling down in front of her.

The sister dug her hands into his pile of cookies, taking a bite before continuing, "It all started when I was your age-"

"You sound so old right now" Turtle pointed out giggling.

"Shut up and listen"

"Okay..."