Parent Problems

I UPDATED! FINALLY! Also please comment which of my stories you would like an update on next (it helps me to complete it faster).Thanks! 

A special thanks to @MOONBLI4LIF3 for their support on all of my stories.

Peril had history next, one of the more boring subjects on her schedule today. Luckily Clay was in the same class, which meant she could spend time with him! Even if it came at the expense of a few brain cells due to Web'slectures about somethings that happened centuries ago.

Well, who cares now?! , she thought grumpily.

Anyways, back to spending time with Clay. Honestly, that was the best thing that would happen today. The events of this morning flashed through her head, making her grip her books tighter. 

All her life she had lived with her father, Chameleon. Until last year, when her mother showed up. Peril honestly didn't know what she thought of Kestrel. All her father ever told her was that they had separated shortly after her birth. Nothing more. No matter how many times Peril tried to pry an answer out of him, and she wasn't ready to go and talk to Kestrel herself.

''Peril, are you alright?'' 

The redhead turned around, startled, then relaxed when she realized it was only Clay.

''Clay, you startled me!'' She said, laughing nervously.

''Sorry, but are you alright?'' He repeated himself while giving her a concerned look.

''Y-yeah. Why wouldn't I be?''

Now, Clay may be painfully oblivious when it came to how Peril felt towards him, but when it came to feelings and emotions and stuff like that, Clay had no equal. ''I know you're upset about something...'' he said carefully.

She looked down, making him give her another concerned look before gently resting his hand on her shoulder. Peril felt butterflies creating a literal whirlwind in her stomach at the contact.

''...And it's okay to feel sad sometimes,'' he continued. '' I mean even I do.'' 

''You do?'' she asked, hoping to change the subject.

''Of course, I do. I mean wouldn't you hate to come back home to realize that everyone already ate dinner. Although I cannot blame them, you see I was at Starflight's because he insisted that we finish a project that day, and well let's just say, it was a big project.''

She laughed softly, making him blush and return a goofy grin.

They walked side-by-side to the history classroom and stepped in as soon as the bell rang. Both of them hurried to take their seats and Peril noticed, happily, that Clay took the one towards her right. 

It wasn't long before Webs walked it and started giving them a lesson on something called a 'Scorching'. Peril only heard a few words like, 'Pollution', 'Global warming' and 'Overpopulation' and something about, 'Rising from the ashes of the world and whatnot'. Whatever in phyrria that meant.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Peril sighed as she walked out. She'd gotten detention for not paying attention in class and not making any notes. And for maybe telling Webs that his lectures were extremely boring. It wasn't her fault she was thinking about her mother again! Or for telling the truth!

She was heading down the hallway to the lunchroom when she noticed a certain boy running after her.

''Peril! Wait!'' Clay called.

Now, at any other time Peril would have been more than happy to leave everything in the world to talk to him, but right now....she wasn't so sure.

But she stopped anyway and turned around. ''Yes?''

''I just wanted to check if you were okay. It seemed you had something on your mind the whole class''

''I'm fine, Clay''

Clay gave her a significant look and she sighed, ''Alright, maybe i was thinking about something.'' she admitted, grudgingly.

He waited patiently for her to elaborate.

''It's my mother,'' Peril said finally.

''Kestrel? What about her?''

''I-I'm not sure what i should think!'' She blurted. ''I mean, she is my mother but when I think about the fact that she left me just after i was born? It makes me wanna hate her, but i can't! Sometimes i want to get to know her and at others i wish she had never showed her face here. I'm really confused, Clay. And with school starting again...i will see her everyday now...plus what happened today...''

Clay quietly regarded her for a few moments before pulling her into a hug. Peril was surprised and held on for dear life. The hug lasted for about a few minutes but she instantly felt better.

''Thanks'' Peril whispered.

''It's alright,'' he smiled. ''It looked like you needed one''

She beamed back at him, ''Maybe i did. That helped me feel a lot better''

''Don't mention it. I'd do it for any of my friends''

Friends?

Peril struggled to keep the smile on her face. Will I always just be a friend to you?

Clay didn't notice as as he walked ahead. He turned back and smiled at her again, ''So, what's for lunch?''