Chapter 6

Hope's POV

After what happened last night, I was floating on air but when I woke up and went to Arin's room, it was empty. It made me worry a lot. I ran down to Dr Saltzman's office quick but he was on the phone.

"Dr Saltzman", I called him out and he asked me to wait a second. He was talking to Caroline about the twins birthday. He got frustrated and hung up quick. "What do you want Hope?", he asked me. "It's Arin, she didn't come back last night and she wasn't in her room too. I'm worried about her", I told him and he stood up straight.

"What happened last night?", he asked, starting to worry too. "I don't know, we voted then Rafael stormed out angry. Arin said she'd talk him down but it did something to her. She won't even look at me. She told me to stay back and not to get near. What's wrong with her, Dr Saltzman? This is the first time I've seen her like this", I explained and his face soon turned to shock. He knew something.

"What do you know, Dr Saltzman? What have you been keeping from me?", I questioned him but he shook his head. "I can't tell you, Hope. It must come from her. Who else was there?", he respond and I told her Rafael and Josie. "I need to talk to Rafael about this. Did you manage to see her eye colour?", he asked and I got curious.

"Why would her eye colour do anything? No, I didn't see it, she was closing her eyes as she warned us. I'm really worried, Dr Saltzman", I answered and he nods to me. He told me to not worry about it and to head to class. He said he would have an idea of where she might be.

When I walked out, I saw a lady in a wedding dress with blood all over her. I shook it off mad went to class.
__________________________________

Alaric's POV

As if today wasn't stressful enough, Arin's on the loose and my dead ex-wife is standing right in front of me. "It can't be. DORIAN!!", I yelled for my friend and pointed my crossbow at her.

He came as soon as he could and surrendered as soon as he came in. Jo - I mean the monster, also surrendered and said that she was freaking out. Dorian rushed over and told me to put my crossbow down.

"Listen to Dorian, are you Dorian?", she ask my friend and he said yes and she introduced her self to him. He was shocked but I kept my crossbow up and waited for him to make his point. "You don't that she's actually? - No, I don't", I cut him off and still keep my crossbow up. "Did you see how she got here?", he asked and I said no.

"I was sort of uh yanked awake then, umm uh then, I was just here", she explained herself. "Yeah, nothing suspicious about that", I said to her. "You thinking what I'm thinking?", he asked. "Kill her before she attacks?", I said which made her panic. "Wait what?", she questions.

"I was, I was more of let's interrogate her first because if she was the next monster, maybe she'd know more than the driad did", Dorian pointed out and I switch my gaze at him to her and sighed, putting the crossbow down. "Okay, but no one sees her. Especially today", I said and he agreed.

"I need Emma. I also need to call Damon. Tell him that Arin's on the loose", I told Dorian and he looked at he crazy. "What? What happened?", he asked. I looked at my dead wife and look back at my friend. "She ran out but I think I might know where she went. Just call her dad and tell him that she went to see Keelin in New Orleans. I don't need them to lecture me about their daughter", I told him then head out to find Emma.

~~Meanwhile~~

Arin's POV

I ran until I reached to the bayou. I knew I'd meet her here. I'm just hoping she'd recognise me in my wolf form. I slowly crept behind the trees and bushes and search for her.