XXX. [proposal]

Giorno is a brilliant man. Strong and independent were two words that you could surely use to describe him without batting an eye.

That's what you would've said before he came up to you asking a useless question, at least.

"Can you breathe ozone?"

"Giorno, what the hell are you saying--"

"Can you breathe it."

"What do you mean, 'can you breathe it', obviously not--!"

"But it's oxygen?"

"Yes, but not the right kind--"

"There are kinds of oxygen?"

"I swear to god if you don't shut your pretty mouth up and let me speak..."

Giorno, the sly little thing, obviously knew the answer. And he also knew that it was kind of a dumb question, especially coming from him. Why was he asking, then? Admittedly, it was sort of just a gimmick to get you to ramble on and break the tension, as you had been silently staring at the ceiling in his room ever since you had (finally) changed into clothes that actually belonged to you. Ignoring the fact that he initially started this conversation to then gradually push forward his true intentions and ask what he really meant to ask; he instead pays close attention to the way your face contorts when you explain to him that, no, he cannot just inhale the molecule of triple oxygen that was sitting far up in the sky above his reach.

"...And even if ozone didn't rise, it's, like, super dangerous to breathe it anyways..."

"So we inhale just one oxygen...?"

"No! We inhale molecules of two. I thought you would have known thi..."

To be quite honest, he's really tuning out everything you're saying; just allowing a grin to tug at the corners of his lips; his eyes oddly sparkling with interest, but not in the conversation's topic; holding back a snicker at how riled up you would get at him for not being extremely well-versed in biochemistry-- did that mean you expected him to know? You didn't look up to him or anything, did you..? Giorno thinks it's hopeless, but his heart skips a beat anyways...

But he can't avoid the real question forever.

"...Shouldn't people know how they're still breeee......eeathiiing....."

Your voice draws out and dies down immediately as Giorno presses a tender hand on your shoulder, his expression a lot less playful than before.

He inhales sharply through his nose, eyes trained on a random speck of dust in the air like he was thinking deeply about something. Silent as if you were dead, you watch his lip twitch and his eyes slowly close, staying like that for a second until they suddenly open again.

You wonder what he's thinking.

For once, it seemed like he was the one overthinking things, not you.

"Look..." he pauses for a moment, his lips mouthing silent phrases as he tries to find the right words.

Just say it already...

Suddenly, his eyes are staring straight into yours with overwhelming determination, copiously different from his uneasy glances to and from your face. The sapphire-emerald-diamond-or-something-in-between eyes are shimmering like fairy wings, his lips pressed into a tight line that meant that he had a dogged pursuit on saying whatever he was going to say...

"...I want to take you out," he declares, his gaze not straying further as he uses his free hand to tuck a stray hair behind your ear. "Tonight."