V. [uneasy]

Fingers drummed against your desk as you waited for the program to load.

You had another scheduled meeting with Giorno and his colleagues that would start any minute now, and the software you usually used was taking a bit longer to start up than usual.

I should clear the RAM sometime, you think before you hear the satisfying sound that erupted from your computer every time the program started. Immediately, your thoughts disperse and you shift into a more comfortable position in your chair, assuring that all precautionary measures had been taken.

IP address hidden? Check.

Voice changer on? Check.

Cold drink? Check.

You would rather not explain why you needed the drink cold. It would be quite obvious when it came to use.

Another beep resounded from your computer, alerting you that Giorno was, in fact, online. Just on time, too.

Not that you'd expect him to be late to a meeting he scheduled himself, right? Er- even if he didn't, he'd probably still be punctual. You hadn't known him for long, but you imagined him to be the clean-cut, respectable gentleman.

Why were you thinking about him now of all times? You had a mystery to solve.

You shake your head in an attempt to clear your mind just as the call starts and you're given the same view you had last meeting.

"Lovely morning, Pantera," Giorno smiles brightly.

Someone's happy today, you think with a quiet chuckle, but you keep it to yourself.

"Good morning."

With your words came the response of the other five people in the room:

"Good morning. I hope you slept well." Buccellati.

"Mornin'. Good to talk again." Mista.

"Hng." Abbacchio.

"Greetings, Pantera." Fugo.

"Narancia, you dimwit. Say hi, it's rude not to." Also Fugo.

Thwack. And, again, Fugo. This time, it was his hand meeting the top of Narancia's head.

"I'd prefer if we started this before things got out of hand, no?" The mafia boss asks, though it seemed like more of a threat to the two than a question to you. The glare he sent at them along with the way he said the words through his teeth in annoyance gave it all away.

You decided you'd initiate the conversation.

"Alright, now that we're here again, we need to discuss the culprit," you say.

"Yes. I suppose you should lead, Pantera," Giorno encourages you.

"Mhm," you hum.

"About the culprits..." you place your chin in your hand, humming in thought.

"Something's really suspicious about this list of suspects, Don Giovanna."

His head snaps up from where he was staring down at his hands. "How so?"

You bite your fingers. You knew that there was no way that the suspects he gave you were real culprits, but would he really take you seriously if you told him you looked through all of those files and couldn't find the traitor?

Doubt racked your mind. You were used to being extremely paranoid about your decisions, but the small liking you had taken to Giorno had made it much worse.