Chapter 40: End Game Part 6

Thor wasn't as useful as they all thought he could be, sadly. At this point, he was as helpful as a rock. He would drink beer all day long and fall asleep at random times. When he would attempt to help, he would just sway while believing he was being helpful. Avalon wanted to give up on him, but he needed someone on his side. Someone to defend him and give him hope. Astra knew that Avalon needed the support to help Thor so she stayed at her side.

Everyone was given a special job. A platform was in the process of being built so it was big enough for everyone. It needed to be high-powered to withstand a lot of energy. Every so often to check on how much it could resist, Bruce would have Astra and Avalon stand combined, sending a surge of energy throughout it. Most of the time, Steve preferred to keep Avalon away out of fear that she might absorb the energy she just used on the machine. Which was very likely.

Avalon was helping out with Astra, Bruce, Nebula, Rhodey, and Scott. The new suits were red and white, it wasn't her first choice honestly, although the majority of them looked good in them. It was a perfect uniform for them all to use. The style was comfortable, and movable and had to have the ability for them to change into something else that way they could hide in plain sight in another timeline.

"Time travel suit, not bad." Rhodey looked over Scott's new suit.

"Thank you, I try." Avalon was glad someone liked her design as she tweaked spots on Astra's suit.

"Hey, hey, hey! Easy! Easy!" Scott began yelling at Bruce.

"I'm being very careful," Bruce told him.

"No, you're being very Hulky," Scott argued.

"I'm being careful." He defended.

"Play nice, kids," Astra said, causing Nebula to chuckle.

"These are Pym Particles, all right?" Scott showed it to him.

Astra thought to herself, "He says that like some of us know what that means."

"Ever since Hank Pym got snapped out of existence, this is it. This is what we have. We're not making any more." He ranted.

"Scott, calm down," Rhodey told him.

"Sorry. We've got enough for one round-trip each. That's it. No do-overs. Plus two test runs." He accidentally caused himself to shrink, using up one particle. "One test run. All right. I'm not ready for this."

"I'm game." Avalon heard Clint say. "I'll do it."

Natasha had taken one of the quinjets to Tokyo. She didn't tell Avalon or Astra why at first. All she said was she had something to take care of. She wasn't gone too long but enough to make them worried. Astra had contacted Tatum to see if she knew anything about it, but she told her it wasn't her place to tell.

The jet had returned. Natasha wasn't alone. The doors opened and she and Clint Barton exited the aircraft. He had a new haircut and looked better than he ever has before. He had the look on his face and in his eyes that he was grieving still. Avalon attempted to look into his mind, but all she saw were images of violence, death, and grief.

"Clint," Avalon called out for him.

He looked up and realized it was his daughter's best friend, "Avalon! She's gone, they're all gone."

"I know, but we could get them all back," She said with hope. "We will get them back. I'll get them back. I swear it."

"Clint, now you're gonna feel a little discombobulated from the chronoshift," Bruce explained to him with comfort. "Don't worry about that."