Chapter 39: End Game Part 5

Start from the beginning

Steve, Natasha, Astra, and Avalon just kept watching everything. She felt stuck in the middle of it. She took the phone out of Scott's hand and gave it to the small children. Natasha was looking down and smirking while Steve took a long drink of water. Avalon drank her coffee to hide her laughter. Astra had changed back to the face she had grown to love. She didn't like the confused looks the children had when they looked at the girls.

"Well, that was fun," Avalon said. "and awkward."

"Shut up." Scott bumped her shoulder.

"Bruce."

"Listen to your mom." He said as the kids walked away. "She knows better."

"About what we were saying." Steve reminded him.

"Right. The whole time travel do-over? Eh, guys, it's outside of my area of expertise." He told them, Avalon was disappointed.

"Well, you pulled this off. I remember a time when that seemed pretty impossible, too." Natasha said.

Testing..3..2..1..

Avalon had sat down in a random chair while Astra leaned on a table next to her. She wanted to see how things were going to go down. She had reached her hand out to her friend for support. Bruce had the genius idea to try and send Scott back in time, on his own. In the back of Avalon's head, she knew this wasn't going to end well, but it didn't hurt to try. They had to attempt to do something.

"Okay, here we go. Time travel test number one." Bruce said. "Scott, fire up the, uh, van thing."

Steve entered the room, "Breakers are set. Emergency generators are on standby."

"Good. Because if we blow the grid, I don't want to lose, uh, Tiny here in the 1950s." Bruce spoke in a hushed voice.

"Excuse me?" Scott went wide-eyed.

"He's kidding." Natasha smiled and laughed. "You can't say things like that."

"It was a bad joke." He stammered.

"Ooh, shocking." Avalon rolled her eyes, knowing he was serious.

"You were kidding, right?" She asked him.

"I have no idea. We're talking about time travel here. Either it's all a joke, or none of it is." Bruce turned to Scott with a thumbs up. "We're good! Get your helmet on. Scott, I'm gonna send you back a week, let you walk around for an hour, then bring you back in 10 seconds. Make sense?"

"Perfectly not confusing." He tried to make sense of what was said.

"Good luck, Scott. You got this." Steve told him.

"You're right. I do, Captain America." He smiled.

"You'll be fine! I believe in you, Ant-Man!" Astra yelled at him, trying to make him feel better so he knew someone was supporting him.

"You'll do great!" Avalon cheered and lowered her voice to whisper to her friend. "I truly believe we might lose him."

Bruce hit a button and Scott disappeared.

"On a count of three. Three, two, one." Bruce told everyone.

A child, less than 10 years old came back. "Uh, guys? This doesn't feel right."

"What is this?" Steve asked Bruce.

Avalon stood up, joining the team, "What did you do?"

"What's going on?" He kept looking at the boards.

"Guys, do something," Astra spoke up.

"Who is that?" Natasha wondered.

"Hold on."