"You bitch, you fell asleep while cleaning!" Karen yelled at Keith, who sat up at the sudden pain and noise. "Do you see how filthy this house is?!" Richard whipped Keith again. The boy yelp in pain as the belt hit his chest.
"And look, it's almost eight in the morning. This brat needs to get to school." Karen smirked, directing her attention to Richard. "We can have our fun we you get home, Karly," She turned her head back to Keith, giving him a smug smirk, sending a shiver down the small boy's spine.

"Get up!" Richard barked. "Get your shit and leave. You need to have your ass here by 3:45, got it." It was more of a demand than a question.

"Bu-" Keith started to tell Richard that its a 20-30 minute walk, and school gets out at 3:30, but he was interrupted by Richard.

*Done*

"No buts! You are getting your ass here at 3:45 or else," Richard ordered, glaring at Keith. Karen and Richard walked away, leaving Keith frightened and in pain on the ground.

After a few moments and deep breaths, Keith composed himself, stood up, and made his way to his room. Once there, he gathered all his school supplies, and he dumped them all in his old, worn out, black backpack. On the way of his room, he grabbed his phone, earbuds, and a portable charger from the kitchen where he left them. He proceeded to walk out of the house, not bothering to change his clothes.

Once safely out of the place people call a house, Keith pulled out his earbuds and phone, plugging them in and turning the music on. Picking the playlist he listens to when in an off mood, which is becoming more often, one of his favorite songs La La La by Naughty Boy ft. Sam Smith played.

Play da song plz (yes the la's in the beginning and end are cut out cuz I'm a lazy human and don't wanna type em. Also didn't wanna make it even longer.)

Hush, don't speak
When you spit your venom, keep it shut I hate it
When you hiss and preach
About your new messiah 'cause your theories catch fire

Keith mouthed the song, hands buried in his pant pockets, eyes down finding interest in his sneakers.

I can't find your silver lining
I don't mean to judge
But when you read your speech, it's tiring
Enough is enough

Keith starts whisper singing the song, hands slightly moving to the beat and lyrics still buried in his pockets, eyes down and bangs veiling the boys eye from the world, hiding the pain.

I'm covering my ears like a kid
When your words mean nothing, I go la la la
I'm turning up the volume when you speak
'Cause if my heart can't stop it,
I find a way to block it, I go
La la, la la la la la na na na na na
La la na na, la la la la la na na na na na,
I find a way to block it, I go
La la na na, la la la la la na na na na na

If our love is running out of time
I won't count the hours, rather be a coward
When our worlds collide
I'm gonna drown you out before I lose my mind

I can't find your silver lining
I don't mean to judge
But when you read your speech, it's tiring
Enough is enough

Soon enough, Keith has his hands out of his pockets, covering his ears like the song suggested, tears falling from the pain this songs reminds him of.

I'm covering my ears like a kid
When your words mean nothing, I go la la la
I'm turning up the volume when you speak
'Cause if my heart can't stop it,
I find a way to block it, I go
La la, la la la la la na na na na na
La la na na, la la la la la na na na na na,
I find a way to block it, I go
La la, la la la la la na na na na na
La la na na, la la la la la na na na na na,
I find a way to block it, oh
La la, la la la la la na na na na na
La la na na, la la la la la na na na na na,
I find a way to block it, I go
La la na na, la la la la la na na na na na,

Pouring his heart out into this song and not giving a fuck about the other people staring, Keith goes all out singing the song with hand movements, and tears giving way to the song.

I'm covering my ears like a kid
When your words mean nothing, I go la la la
I'm turning up the volume when you speak
'Cause if my heart can't stop it,
I find a way to block it, I go

I'm covering my ears like a kid
When your words mean nothing, I go la la la
I'm turning up the volume when you speak
'Cause if my heart can't stop it,
I find a way to block it, I go

Face tear stained, the song came to a finish. Embarrassment crept up on Keith. He could feel the judging stares coming from the people passing by. Feeling the weight of those stares, Keith's eyes wandered back down to the ground, once again finding interest in his sneakers.

A few songs later, Keith was met face to face with Voltron High School. The school was white with blue trim around the windows and doors. There were also blue decorative stripes flowing around the building. (Imagine the Castle of Lions) Summoning all of his willing power, Keith made his way inside.

Once inside, the small boy was trampled by a much taller Cuban boy. Both boys ended up in a pile inside the entrance to the school.

"Oh, I'm so sorry," the Cuban apologized stood up, then extended a hand to help Keith up. "The names Lance. Lance McClain. You are?" Keith accepted the hand, only to be hoisted to his feet by an unexpected strength.

"Keith, Keith K-Kogane," Keith stuttered in embarrassment. He looked up to meet Lance's gaze, staring into his ocean blue eyes in awe. There was a sudden fake cough from behind Lance. There stood two other people. A much smaller, skinnier student with fair skin, hazel eyes, auburn hair, a green sweat shirt and cargo shorts. The other was much taller, buffer with a bit of a tummy, darker skin, slightly darker than Lance, walnut colored eyes, chocolate colored hair, a yellow shirt with a green vest jacket (???), and cargo pants.

"Hey, the name's Pidge," the smaller of the two introduced themself. "And this right here is Hunk." Pidge points to Hunk.

"Hi, um, Keith," Keith waved to the other two. Keith realized that he was still holding Lance's hand and quickly dropped the other's hand to nervously rub the back of his neck. "What are y'alls pronouns? Mine are he/him"

"They/them," Pidge responded proudly.

"He/Him," Lance replied, eyes never leaving Keith.

"He/him," Hunk smiled in response.

"I've never seen you here. Are you new?" Lance asked, directing Keith's attention back to him. Keith nodded. "Well, we can show you to the front office, and if you want, show you around school and where your classes are. How does that sound?" Keith nodded in response earning a grin from the taller boy. Lance led the way to the front office with Pidge, Hunk, and Keith following.

~Author Note~

Word Count: 2070, ooh yay, a longer chapter. (Comment if you like longer or shorter chapters?. (I personally like reading and writing longer chapters.))

Thank you for reading. If you noticed any mistakes, especially in the lyrics of the song, pls comment them so I can fix it. 😊

Shoutout 1: ArtLuna2017

Shoutout 2: smutingenera1

If you like, comment, or follow, I will shout you out in the next chapter.

Thank you again for reading. Stay tuned for the next chapter. 

Peace out,
Cade