36. When is the wedding?

Start from the beginning

"Idiot!"

"I heard that" Rey said and I realised I had said it loudly.

"It was meant to!" I replied back and turned to leave but he held my shoulder. I turned back facing him.

"I want to say you something..." He dragged and sighed. This is something serious.

"Look Swayam, I already said that you have to make this work and win her trust but I will say you one more thing. Please don't freak her out suddenly" Rey said meeting my eyes and I frowned.

"Say clearly what do you mean" I said to him.

"Listen, Pia, who is your Sharon is already used to your cold side and is aware about your past love, though she doesn't know anything in details. She might find something fishy if you immediately become a Romeo forgetting your past love in front of her right? Talk to her but don't freak her out. Let go of this cold and tough masked Swayam, but gradually in front of her. I hope you are understanding what I am trying to say..." Rey explained and I nodded. He is right. I can't freak her out suddenly with my love. Seems like a lot of acting is lined up from now on!

"Understood! Thanks bro and bye now!" I said after sometime and left for my house. Seems like a talk due from a long time with her is to be done at the earliest! Think Swayam, think of something that you can say her and that won't be lying and you can even change in her eyes...

Third person's POV

There was a lot of hustle bustle in Mehra's house right now and the reason? The reason is that today the family priest is coming to their home to decide and fix a date of Pia's and Swayam's marriage. Well, this still isn't digested with Pia, but she is trying her best to go with the flow and keep her poking thoughts at a bay. Trying to be as normal as possible.

Pia also felt a little bad that he didn't feel important enough to contact her once, atleast when he too agreed to marry but she also understood that he might need sometime alone. And moreover, she has to talk with him today anyhow, she thought.

"Pia! Why are you standing idle there? Come help me out" her mom called out from the kitchen and she strode there, rolling her eyes.

"Pia check it's taste and say me what to add or its good" Avantika said removing a morsel size of the sweet dish into a small bowl and forwarding it to Pia. As soon as she put that in her mouth, she moaned closing her eyes.

"It's perfect mum!" Pia replied licking the spoon off its remains which made her mother glare at her.

"What?" She asked putting the spoon into the sink and her mom just shook her head knowing it will be waste of time telling her how to behave.

"Go get ready soon. Swayam's parents will be here in sometime and the priest too" Avantika ordered Pia, pushing her out of the kitchen.

"The person who's marriage is going to be fixed, he himself isn't coming" Pia mumbled but her mom heard it, making her smile.

"Already missing someone?" Avantika asked wiggling her eyebrows and Pia frowned. Then it dawned upon her what she is talking about.

"What? No! I... I am not! Why will I? I just said it like that..." Pia replied stuttering a bit.

"Leave it. You won't understand it now, but as time will pass, you will know it" her mom said, getting back into the kitchen and Pia went to her room.

After sometime, Pia came downstairs to see that Sadhna and Rishi were already there, along with his sister Taani but he was missing. Even the family priest was already present there. She wished them and sat there with everyone.