36. When is the wedding?

Começar do início

"I felt as if I am cheating by marrying her as Pia especially when she isn't aware of her past, but I talked with mom and my doubt cleared... The main thing bothering me is, she rejected me Rey. She rejected me as soon as she got to know that I was the one who came to see her. That's a whole different thing that her mom and Sid will make her accept this proposal and that's another guilt of mine, but she doesn't like me. She rejected me. I am afraid she will be forced into this marriage and she might not be happy... I... I don't know what to do" I said him all my thoughts and buried my face into my palms, my hands resting on my knees. The thought of her rejecting me hurts like hell. I felt his presence beside me a hand rubbing my back. I rubbed my face and looked up at him.

"I understand what you are feeling... But I know for a fact that she likes you" he said smiling at me.

"How are you so confident?" I asked him, my voice hoarse. He smacked my head with his hand making me Yelp. I rubbed that place where he slapped.

"Remove the blinds from your eyes dude. Say me which girl in the world will not slap you if you kissed her and behaved shitty after that unless and until she likes you and you have a special place in her heart?" Rey replied and my mouth hung open. I am shocked. Did he actually see us or he is just bluffing?

"Did you... Did you see us?" I asked him gulping and he chuckled seeing me.

"Ofcourse dude, what do you think? Who called you due to which you broke the kiss? It was me right? And I had purposely called you out loudly so that you won't regret later because at that time, you love someone else and I didn't know that that someone is Pia herself... I thought you will regret it later and stopped it before it was late" he explained further and I looked at him in disbelief!

"No privacy" I mumbled under my breath, looking away.

"No, no dude... There's no word called privacy between two best friends! Especially when the best friend knows when the other wants some privacy and space" he said making me look at him and he winked at me. I couldn't help but smile at him. He is the best one could ever get!

"But don't you dare say anything about this to anyone!" I warned him and he made a action of zipping his mouth and throwing away the key.

"Believe me, I can see that she likes you. I don't know why she rejected you today. You must ask her once I feel? Then she might tell you the reason behind it" Rey said after sometime and I nodded.

"As far as her being forced into this marriage is concerned, she is not a kid to be manipulated. It must be her own decision and this is the right thing for her even if she is not happy in the beginning. You are the one who has to make this work. You can make this marriage work and clear her doubts. Make her believe that this isn't a forced one for her and she can actually be happy with you. Talk it out with her and sort everything between you guys" Rey added.

"Yeah, you do have a point there..." I replied, thinking about his words. We sat there for a while in the silence but it struck me that it is midnight already and I am at Rey's house, disturbing him. I stood up and eased my shirt, turning to him.

"Okay then, I will take a leave. It's late and you must get back to you sleep I guess" I said to him and he cursed me something, inaudible making me chuckle and he too stood up. I know he is mad at me for disturbing his sleep. I hugged him tightly, taking him by surprise.

"You know you are the best? Thank you so much for being there for me..." I said him, pating his back.

"Err... Dude? As much as I loved the appreciation, you know I am not your wife right? So please, leave me and let me breathe!" He replied choking trying to push me and I pulled out glaring at him.