XLIX.) epiphany

~flashback~

PCY WEDDING

Mr. Park's POV
Today is the day my youngest child will get married. I couldn't be any happier, this family is my pilar of strength and my greatest blessing.

Flying in cloud nine, I jogged my way towards Rosie's dressing room happily to compliment her and to have a father-daughter chit-chat before the exchange of vows.

As I was getting closer to the door, I heard loud screeches, like a plea for help. As a father, my first instinct should've been me entering the room and check what's wrong and fix it. But something in my guts told me to just eavesdrop. And so I did.

I saw two of my daughters sitting on the floor and one of them is sobbing uncontrollably.

The bride to be is long gone, the make up is ruined and her jewelries are shattered on the ground.

It broke my heart to see her like this. Am I a bad father? Am I forgetting something important? Those words that any father wouldn't want to question to himself kept ringing inside my brain as if someone's drilling those questions to make me realize something.

"I don't feel so good." Rosie whispered deflatedly to her sister Alice as she comforts her younger sister.

I couldn't bare the sight as I leave silently thanking Alice in my thoughts for being there for her sister when I couldn't.

STRAWBERRY FARM

Few days have passed after the wedding and few days have also passed of masking my emotions towards the guests and to my family.

I'm currently at a strawberry farm with Alice walking leisurely and plucking ripe strawberries as we put them inside the basket.

Alice seems pretty normal today. Or so I thought.

"Alice" I tried to get her attention.

She hummed in response as she looked up at me.

"I want to talk to you about something. Something that's been going on inside my mind lately."

She stood up straight and furrowed her eyebrows at me seemingly confused at my question, my tone, the weather, and the place. Not matching the mood and the sudden interrogation.

"Yes. What is it about appa?"

//

We sat under a tree to rest and to hide in a shade before we continue to take off again.

She have told me everything from the start.

How my daughter Rosie have been wanting to fulfill our dreams. Her parents dreams. How dreadful it is to live under a microscopic world of being a celebrity at a young age and how empty heads talk empty words to idols. To think she wasted her youth to train just to meet our standard and designated track for her future makes me want to reevaluate my words and actions and take back the innocence that Roseanne have lost throughout her journey.

Alice told me about who she really love, who her heart belongs to. And it doesn't surprise me one bit to find out that it isn't Chanyeol. Not even a he. But a she.