XLVI.) nothing's gonna hurt you baby

I wanna hear your voice
A love that nobody could destroy

Your pov
"I haven't eaten meat for like a year or so. This soup is delicious, this place is heaven!" Chaeyoung exclaimed gawking at her soup while slurping it silently because of its balmy temperature.

"The food they serve here are consoling. I usually stop by here before going home, you know, like a little feast for my dinner." I looked up at her and fidgeted my spoon admiring the way she welcome a foreign dish into her taste buds.

"I'm glad you're liking it so far."

"Are you kidding me? I love this already." She smiled at me showing me her puffy cheeks from the noodles she was chewing and squinting her eyes from too much giddiness.

~ flashback ~

"Are we really doing this?" I asked her one more time after piling her stuff in a duffel bag.

"Yes we are. Now stop daydreaming and help me get this work faster." She demanded while putting her hair up in a ponytail. She really is serious about this "runaway" thing.

I stacked some of her folded shirts and pants and handed them to her, for her to put it inside the bag. She was rushing so I couldn't help but ask.

"Why are you in a rush? Is your husband coming home soon?" I felt the sting trailing off to the word "husband".

"No." She replied not even looking up at me continuing to stack the clothes nicely into the bag for them to fit.

"Then why?" I softly said above whisper to prevent further stressing her out.

"Because I'm excited to get out of here with you." She finally looked up at me with a blank expression on her face oblivious to the fact that she said such a flattering thing, but to her, it was normal.

I gulped the air that was stuck in my throat for like a solid 2 seconds and nodded at her and sat on the floor to help her pack her things faster.

--

"Really? My delivery bike?" I huffed at her upon choosing her mode of transportation.

"Yeah, your delivery bike." She replied while tossing her bag full of clothes inside the box at the back of the motorcycle.

When did she pick up this attitude geez.

"Where to princess?" I asked while handing her the helmet since I don't have any spare.

She lightly swatted my hands away ignoring my offer leaving me confused.

"No one would see us. If ever we get caught by the police then I'll show them my I.D. Now hop on I'm starving." She slides through the back while I started the ignition.

"Bye motherfucker!" She shouted at her house while blowing a kiss before we sped off.

I giggled and I was so shocked but felt a lot of pride hearing those words coming from her own mouth referring to Chanyeol.

She removed her scarf while swinging it into the air and laughing like a child winning from an arcade game and exchanging their ticket for a huge teddy bear. Contentment plastered on her lips and eyes.