Chapter 7!

"What do you say, sweetheart? Are you staying or going?" Rick was still holding the other ones hand. His word stung me. Did I want to stay? Could I?

"I'm sorry. I think I have to go back."

"You don't have to do anything." Rick's eye twitched and his grasped on the other Rick tighten. "He just has you wrapped around his finger so tight that you can't see it."

I didn't respond just hoped off the counter and walked into the garage to gather up my stuff. I could hear him curse from here.

"Ready?" Rick walked in portal gun raised in the air. Morty was on his tail. I nodded and we landed in the garage.

"____, I am so glad we finally found you!" Morty hugged me and I hugged him back. I watched Rick walk over to his bench and slump down. He pulled out his flask and took a drink. He wasn't as big drinker as the rest of the Rick so I know something was up.

"Morty go get ready for a movie night. Genre is dealers choice." I saw his eyes light up and bounce out of the room trying to decide between comedy and romance.

"Okay ____!" He nearly bounced out of the room taking my bag with him.

"I can't believe he up and kissed you." Rick barely waited until the door shut. I heard a crunch from the metal thing he had been holding. "I mean the ner-RRE-ve of that guy. He didn't even think through his actions. He knew that you had to come back to a different Rick and what if that made you lose your trust in me."

With every word I wanted to hit him more. It was like he was rejecting me again and again. Until I couldn't stand it anymore.

"I asked him to kiss me." I snapped and Rick stopped talking. He looked stunned and speechless. "It's clear from your reaction that you wouldn't have done it."

"I just want to keep you safe, ____. Ricks are anything but safe." I clenched my teeth and crossed my arms. "Tell me I'm wrong. Tell me he didn't put your ass on the line- your life in danger once."

"How are you different then?" I know it was harsh but he was being an ass. I began to stomp off but his voice stopped me from opening the door.

"Everything I do is so I don't loss you." He sounded sincere, which took me off guard.

"I think you already have." I pushed him off of me and went to leave again.

"____, please." He grabbed my bad wrist and twisted me around. I was frozen and felt a tear fall down my face, which he wiped it away.

"Let go of me." I twisted my arm and was starting to hyperventilate. He raised my hand to eye level and finally saw the bruises.

"____, did he hurt you?" I could tell he was angry but his voice was unnaturally gentle. Was he trying not to scare me? Nothing any Rick could do could scare me, well one thing could, but besides that nothing.

"Stop blaming him. You said it yourself; we went somewhere there wasn't safe." I spat at him. He looked hurt. He let go of my wrist and reached for a small glass full of a soft pink gel. I recognized as Laxin, a cure for bruises, that we picked up on earth-Y67. "Just leave it."

I slammed the garage door and headed towards Morty's room. Morty had decided on Jerry's collection of old black and white comedy movies for tonight's theme. He also found the junk food stash Beth tried desperately to hid.

"What afraid the cauliflower demons going to get you." I said snaging a bag of Lays and hitting the ground.

"Ha. Very funny. I just wanted to make sure we had plenty." He said after realizing he was sitting in the center of a junk food circle.