Beating Around The Beth!

I woke up a table in their garage. I groaned and looked over at Rick who was messing with something. Was he working on something new?

(Why didn't Rick put me on the couch or even his bed? Wouldn't be the first time.)

Morty walked in the door.

"Oh! Hey, your up! Rick, she's up! I'm Morty by the way. You'll be okay. This is my grandpa, Rick." He gestured over to Rick.

"You're not my Rick and Morty then, that explains a lot." I chuckled and hissed at the pain in my ribs. I  wrapped my arm around them. I think at least one of them might be broken. I let out a small groan holding my side.

"Not your Rick and Morty?" Morty gave me a confused looked with an eyebrow raised.

"Obviously ____ is from a universe where she travels with us," Rick said turning back around and sticking me with a needle. I held in a yelp. Whatever was in it had healed the scrapes and bruises immediately, everything but my rib it was still broken.

"Although, I would like to know how it's soooooo obvious to her." He rolled his eyes then glanced his Morty frowned.

"Normally would have woken up on the couch," I caught myself I wasn't going to say 'or your bed' that would be weird, "but I'm not complaining. I'm just happy to be waking up at all. Thank you."

He grunted and went back to working on his project. I laughed. I know that just because I had my face didn't mean shit to a Rick, ninety-five percent of the time, it was my personality that was going stick. Some Ricks though didn't care. They just wanted, well, me.

"No - no p - problem," Morty said. "Um, are you hungry you've been out for about two days now."

"Two days?" My eyes widened with surprise but I quickly hide it. "Yes, please."

"Okay, I'll show the kitchen." He blushed at his wording. "I mean - I'm sure - I'm sure you know. Just uh..."

"You can lead the way, Morty." I smiled at him and jumped off the metal table. I held my ribs. They hurt a good bit but I wasn't going to whine to Rick about it.

Morty made me a plate of Beth's leftovers and ate all of them, which is saying something. Beth's food wasn't good the first time it was heated. Okay, I'll give her breakfast. The woman can cook some pancakes.

After we ate Morty ran upstairs and brought me some of Summer's old clothes. I was just thankful to see that I was still in my bathing suit and a t-shirt. They hadn't changed me. I changed into jeans and a pink tank top.

We moved to the living room and Morty informed me how they found me.

"We were in this universe where superheroes are real. We were running from them because Rick thought it would be a good idea to spray paint their suits and steal this necklace that works kind of like Green Lanterns' ring. Anyway, Rick hits random on his portal gun and we toppled - we fell - right on top of the mint monster thing, killing it. Then we saw you and I begged Rick to let me save you." He blushed really hard when he said the last sentence.

"In another w-OOOOR-rds Morty was thinking with his dick again." Rick had walked into the room.

"Shut up, Rick!" Me and Morty said at the same time.

Morty blushed again. I groaned again. I had whipped my body around to look at Rick and my ribs didn't appreciate it.

"Just because I'm in a different reality doesn't mean I'm gonna let you be mean to my best friend and thanks, Morty. You're the reason I'm alive." Morty gave me a blushing smile and I walked out of the room to grab a soda.