Scorpio

*marginally altered*

Scorpio, The Scorpion (24th October - 22nd November)

Pluto, Water

'Hypnotic' and 'Magnetic' are two words that are often applied to Scorpios. The first thing you notice about a typical Scorpio is not his or her complexion, which is often sallow, and its not his or her hair, even though it can be so uncontrollable that it looks as if it hasn't seen a brush for weeks. Their height? Just average. Their build? Just average. But their eyes! They don't so much look at you; they look right through you! Their superficial manner disguises a volcanic temper that will erupt the moment anyone steps out of line. They have a memory like a computer - names, places, event, phone numbers (when a Scorpio uses a phone number chances are he will never have to look it up again - it's commited to memory forever). When a Scorpio listens to what seems to be trivial gossip, he may look as if he's paying no more attention than anyone else. But his analytical mind is taking in everything and when the time comes, tiny facts that everyone else has long forgotten will come out, honed and weapon-sharp - often in the devastating retort for which Scorpios are famous. With Pluto, the planet that reveals our ablity to effect transformation, as its ruling body, it's no surprise ro learn that Scorpios can change at the drop of a hat -  polite and charming one minute, rude and aggressive the next. They're never happier than when they are proving someone wrong -  something they can do with alarming speed and horrible accuracy; no wonder that Scorpios make excellent detectives -  they'll spot the flaw in a story right away. When Scorpios give theri friendship; it's for life. They tend to overlook their friends' faults apart from one : disloyalty. If a Scorpio finds out that a friend has been disloyal, thats it. He will never forget and never forgive. For when a Scorpio says 'i'm never going to speak yo you again' he means it - no matter at what cost to himself. And thats typical Scorpio, if he wounds himself in the process of hitting out at someone else, that just too bad. When Scorpios find out that a friend is ill, it brings out everthing that good about them, for then they become astonishingly sympatheic and helpful -  and theres nothing they won't do to help, no matter how much it puts them out. They are the most passionate and overtly sexual sign of the Zodiac, lustful lovers who like to get as good as they give, then some more. But they do have a tendency to overestimate their prowess in the bedroom. Their desire to dominate makes Scorpios an ideal math for Cancerians who often like to take the back seat a relationship. They are also well paired with Pisceans, one of whose traits is an inability to make decisions, something Scorpios adore. The Scorpion and The lion get on well, but are best advised to stay friends rather than lovers. Scorpios and Capricorns share a tendecy to keep secrets from their partners and when the cat gets out the bag, claws are unsheathed and the fur flies in all directions. As Scorpios have to be the dominant partner in a relationship, anyone born under the sign who finds themselves attracted to one of the same should think twice, three times, before taking matters any further. In selecting a career, Scorpios love the challenges of big busines and jobs in which their negotiating skills can be best used. But no matter what career path they choose, Scorpios, as one well-known astrologer, wittily observed, like to start at the top and work their way up.