Cancer

*marginally tweaked*

Cancer, the crab (22nd June - 23rd July)

The moon, water

It may seem unkind to say so, but if you see someone who doesn't seem in the right proportions - be they tall and thin, or short and dumpy -  it's likely you know a Cancerian! With their crab like long arms and slender legs, they seem to glide along, almost as if they are afraid to take their feet off the ground incase they fall over. You might also recognize them by their clothes. Whereas 'mix and match' is maxim fashion that writers often advocate, 'mix and clash' is Cancer's maxim. And not only do theur clothes not match, but the enthusiastic way in which they tuck in at the table, can sometimes result in the odd food stain that 'nothing will budge' appearing on a blouse, shirt or tie. Cancer is ruled by the Moon, so it's hardly surprising that the crabs of the Zodiac are changeable, over-emotional and sensitive. But, on the other hand,  they can surprise by being the strong, silent type who hates arguments and will do anything to avoid them, and will remain calm in the most difficult situations. An although no one knows who penned the phrase 'revenge is a dish best eaten cold', chances are it was a Cancerian. Slight or offend a Cancerian and they don't go seeking immediate revenge -  they wait for weeks, months, even years and then strike when the iron is cool. But every bad side has a good one, and if you do a Cancerian a favour, they will never forget it and you will have a friend who will stand by you for life. Although they may not seem so, they are sensitive souls and whay may have been been intended as jokey critisicm may well go deep - while smiling on the outside, they may be sobbing their hearts out on the inside. They are good at giving the impression they think is expected of them. If you're talking to one and they are not the least bit interested in the subject, they will nod wisely, smile at the right moment and sigh when they feel thats what you expect, but what you are saying is going in one in and out the other! But if you are talking about something that interest them, they can store information and organize it as efficently as a computer. Other signs often find Cancer difficult to make out and, becasue they often have dual natures, waht one person sees as charming, vivacious , sympathetic soul, another will see as moody, uncompromising bitches. If they like you, you will be first to know for they will go out of their way to be friendly, but if they take a scunner (a lovely scottish word for dislike) to you, they won't even bother to give you the time of day. They'll look through you, talk over you; you're simply not there as far as they're concerned! They like their privacy and the phrase 'his home is his castle' could have been invented for them. They use their strong imaginations to dream up all sorts of fantasies, especially sexual ones - but do little to put them into practice. And if their lover is unfaithful, that's the one time they act out of character and seek immediate revenge. Although they share common traits with Pisces and Scorpio, these two signs offer rich hunting grounds for the Cancerian in search of a mate (especially if the male in the relationship is a Scorpio). They are often attached to Libras but find them a bit too fickle after a while. They regard Virgos as potential friends rather than mattes. And sagittarians? Too versatile and too willing to seek pleasures away from the home and family for Cancer's liking. When it comes to choosing a career, they are often tempted to go into catering for their love of food makes them creative chefs. And being sympathetic souls, they often look to medicine or social work for job opportunities.