I

(Hey, it's ya girl, the author. Use headphones for the song and read the story in dark mode for better quality! Song - everything i wanted, Billie Eilish: 16D audio)

Harry's body began shaking.

"We're so sorry, Prince Potter, we tried as hard as we could, he put up a good fight," Harry told himself not to cry. He had hoped for the best and been prepared for the worst. Or so he thought.

"T- thank you, Poppy, you tried," I hugged the short woman. She hugged him back tightly. "It's alright, darling, you'll be alright, I promise," She kissed his forehead before running over to Oliver Wood, one of Gryffindor's knights.

Harry couldn't bear to see his father's dead body. He couldn't. He had witnessed his mother die when he was 7, now his father when he was 19. He trudged to his chambers and sat on his bed before letting the tears fall.

"I'm sorry, Mum," He looked at a picture of his mother, Lily, on his bedside table. Lily's red hair was smooth in the picture. She was standing beside Harry's uncle, Sirius, in her wedding dress, laughing about a joke that Sirius had said, clutching her pregnant belly. 

"I promised that after you died, Dad wouldn't die in battle but... I'm so sorry, Mum." He let out a sob.

"I tried, Mum, I swear, I would have taken the stab if I could I just" Harry was interrupted.

"Silence! You would have done no such thing!" He turned around to see his tutor, Professor McGonagall. He ran over to the woman and hugged her before she could take another breath. She dropped her scowl and hugged him back, a tear rolling down her face.

"It's alright, Harry, It's okay, shh" He choked on a sob and gripped onto the beta harder. 

"You know what this means, don't you, Harry?" The boy sniffled and nodded, standing straight. 

"I'm going to be the king of Gryffindor," He said softly.

"You are," she confirmed, "And you know what that means?" He looked at her, confused. He shook his head. She tried to give him an encouraging smile. "We get to find you a mate, sweetheart," She smiled. He bit his lip and attempted.

"Anyway, if we're going to do this, you need to meet your neighboring kingdom's leaders. I will be back tomorrow and we will get straight to work!" She then gave him a small wave and left.

Well, hope you like it :)
edited

Xoxo, Tiffany