C H A P T E R F I F T E E N

*****

When we got there, ash and bones were all that was left on the remnants of the battle field. I could tell by the amount that most of them were the grounder army.

Was this what Damon felt like when he saw the bloodshed during the Civil War? No wonder he couldn't sleep when he got back home. I've seen a lot of things, but this is definitely new.

"The door's open," I point out to Murphy quietly and we walk inside the flap. We see a pale and sweaty Raven lying on the ground with a gun pointed at us.

"Woah, Raven, it's okay. Don't shoot. Please," Murphy says raising his hands in a show that he's harmless. Okay, Murphy, let's just pretend that you're not a vampire and could easily kill her.

Raven glares and Murphy. "Why not? You shot me," she says making my eyes widen. It must have happened after he had thought he killed me. Just how many people did he hurt?

She pulls the trigger but nothings comes out, making Murphy relax with relief.

"I would've shot him too," I say giving him a look. "Where is everyone?" I ask taking the subject off of whatever this is. 

"I don't know. I woke up and they were all gone."

We don't say anything else as we sit down. I sit closer to Raven and Murphy sits farther away. The guilt for shooting Raven might just be eating him alive, at least he only has a small body count. 

We hear someone from the other side of the tent covering the door of the drop ship. We stay quiet hoping that it's just someone from the hundred, but that's highly unlikely. 

With the amount of bodies outside, it could be them plus some grounders that they managed to kill. Raven did mention something about them making it inside the drop ship though, so maybe some grounders took them hostage.

The person on the other side keeps snooping around and soon, they burst through it. A singular grounder man raises his weapon to attack us, but I gather enough strength to tackle him.

His weapon flies out of his hand but he quickly grabs another. A gunshot rings out, and the grounder falls to the ground dead. I look over to see Raven looking at Murphy, who has a gun in his hands. 

He drops it to the floor and continues the sulking that he was doing earlier. 

"What are you doing here, Murphy?" Raven says out of the blue. 

"Dying," he says sadly, "same as you."

"Speak for yourself," she scoffs. "How many more are out there?" She asks with a small amount of fear creeping into her voice.

"None," I mumble. "There's nothing but burnt corpses out there. We killed one of the guards on us, but there must have been another one that followed us here."

Raven starts to cough violently. Soon, blood starts to come out and get all over the floor in front of here and somewhat on her mouth. 

"Raven!" I speed over to her, and so does Murphy. 

"Lie on your side," Murphy orders her, but she just pushes him away. 

I clench my jaw. "We don't have time for this. Raven, roll yourself over on your side."

"It's all good. You're okay," Murphy says as he helps Raven roll onto her side. 

She looks up at him with hatred in her eyes. "Why are you helping me?"

"I don't want to die alone."

-----

*****

I knew something wasn't right with Raven. She keeps glancing over at Murphy like she wants to say something.