Chapter 13: Sports Festival

Zacznij od początku

Dad continued and talked about how if we want to go pro that this event could open paths for us. He said that this was one chance a year, three in a lifetime, and how no hero could miss this event. Then he told us that we better not slack off on our training. He then dismissed class and we went our separate ways to lunch. We stayed for a minute and talked to everybody else. I sat at my desk and listened to the conversations of the rest of my classmates. Uraraka was getting kinda scary and started screaming that she was going to do her best. Then the rest of us left for lunch.

I decided to again hang out with Midoriya and his friends because I didn't want to hang out with Bakugo today. On the way there, Midoriya ask Uraraka why she wanted to become a pro and I kinda got nervous. I wanted to know the answer too, but I really don't know if I'll like the answer that I get. She told us that she wanted to be a hero for the money, but she didn't want us to think any less of her. We all supported her, and Iida thought that it was fine to want to support your own wellbeing and I agree with him entirely.

She told us that her family works at a construction company, and they haven't gotten work lately and they were broke. The boys thought for a minute before realizing that she could use her quirk to float the heavy-lifting equipment if she got licensed. She wanted to be a pro so that her parents could have an easy life which was something that was admirable, even to me.

All Might interrupted our group and asked Midoriya and I if we wanted to have lunch with him. I know he wanted to talk about One for All. We both agreed and went with my uncle to have lunch. When we talked with uncle T (What I call him when I have nothing to do. I like nicknames.) We both found out that he could only use his buff form for about 50 minutes. All Might wanted to know what Midoriya was going to do considering that he still couldn't control One for All.

I ignored them for most of the conversation because it was boring to me, so I had no clue what they were talking about. Then suddenly the couch that I was currently sitting on fell over and I nearly hit my head. I looked over and found that All Might had knocked it over. I decided to listen in and got some advice. There is a great difference between those who always aim for the top and those who happily settle and that completely changes the games. I left and went back to class so that this day could end.

When class finally finished, we went to leave, but the doors were blocked by a bunch of first year students just standing at our doorway. There were a bunch of theories, but Bakugo said that they were scouting out the competition because we survived a real villain attack. He told them to move out of their way. I walked over to Bakugo and tried to make sure that he wouldn't blow people up. I then heard a very familiar voice that I hadn't heard since before school even started. He called Bakugo an ass and asked if we were all delusional and I just had to shut him up. "Shinso not all of us are like Bakugo, and he's not delusional, he's just really confident in himself." Shinso noticed I was there, and sometime without realizing it, I had put my hand on Bakugo's shoulder, and he hadn't pushed it away. It seemed to be calming him and it was calming me too, knowing he was going to allow me to be this close to him.

Shinso ignored me and started talking about how he had wanted to be in the hero course, but he had to choose a different track. He said that if the other students that weren't in the hero course did well in the festival, the teachers could transfer them to the hero course. And the teachers would then have to transfer people out to make room for them.

He basically came here to declare war on us and that made me want to hurt someone who was really nice, but that would make me just as bad, if not worse, than a villain. Suddenly, someone who said they were from 1-B, and he wanted to know if it was true or not that we had fought some villains. Bakugo grabbed my hand off of his shoulder and intertwined it with his own and we both walked off, but Kirishima stopped us and said we had to say something. Bakugo said that it didn't matter and the only thing that mattered was that he beat them. I nodded my head and we both walked off.