Aries

*marginally tweaked*

Aries, the ram (21 march-20 april)

Mars, Fire

With fire as its element and mars its ruler, people born under Aries are often lean and muscular, muddy complexioned and red-haired. They are the first to welcome a stranger with a warm handshake and a warmer smile. They are completely extrovert and will initiate adventures at the drop of a hat, regardless of danger. Busy, restless, impatient, they are enthusiastic about new ventures - at the beginning at least. having probably done the spadework to get them off the ground, they soon get bored and are keen to move on to new pastures at the first opportunity. But then, their enthusiasm will have inspired others to take over. That's the good news! The worst in them comes out when they are involved in an argument (which they probably started); if they have something to say, out it comes, regardless of who they hurt. They are quick tempered and if they have ever heard the word  "diplomacy" its doubtful they ever bothered to find out what it means. If they are ever tempted to tell a lie, they needn't bother, for they can't! But if you told them that, they wouldn't believe you, for no one, but no one, can do anything better than an Aries, no matter what. They are always right and quick to blame others when things go wrong. They loathe anyone interfering in their affairs, even if most of the decisions they make are on impulse. They love to be the center of attraction, are first on the dance floor at a part - and first back in their seat. And an Arian a story in company and it will instantly be capped by a better one. But they make good, if slightly authoritarian bosses. Career-wise, they are attracted to sport, politics and the armed services. If they are going to be off work, it will probably be with a headache, or later in life, with ear troubles. Arians have a strong romantic streak and like nothing better than being flattered and appreciated. They are quick to give their heart - and just as quick to offer it to another . . .  and another . . . and another. If any sign is likely to change his or her mind at the altar, its an Arian, but if they do say "I do!" they will expect that there will e=be one set of rules for them and another , more restrictive set, for their spouse! In matters of the heart, their most compatible signs are Leo and Sagittarius. Leo has a similar outlook in life to Arians, and like them know exactly what they want and how to get it. The two signs are freedom-loving and adventurous and have an immediate understanding of one another. Sagittarians are suitable partners because they are usually prepared to try the new and unusual to keep their Arian partner happy. People born under Aries are often attracted to Aquarians, but those born under the sign of the water-carrier are independent and unwilling to allow themselves to be stifled by overpowering Aries. Marriage between the two? No! A passionate, mutually enjoyable affair? Perhaps! And if a secretive, sexy Scorpio shimmies into an Arians life, sparks will fly! There was a time when both signs were ruled by Mars, the god of war, and war is the likely outcome of a liaison between the two.