10. We need to talk

After an hour Manik woke her up as the party was going to start in the afternoon only also no one had breakfast because of the preparation so Cabir has messaged him about the brunch.
Taking her face out of his chest where she hid he caressed her face and whispered, “Wake up baby! Time to have something!”
She opened her eyes and giggled looking at him to which he raised his brows, “Why this sudden giggle, baby monster?”
She giggled more and said, “I’m not a monster! You’re a monster! A big one!”
He laughed and said, “Acha! Should I show you what this monster can do?”
She pushed and said, “No! I have to get ready! It’s party time!”
“Too excited huh!”, he said as she stood and went inside the washroom.
“Yes! Bhai brought a new dress for me and I’m going to wear that!”, she shouted from inside making him smile on her happiness.
“Acha! Don’t play inside you didn’t have breakfast! Be quick everyone is waiting for us for the brunch!”
She shouted an excited okay.

After both freshened, they were about to go downstairs when he caught her arm and said kissing her forehead, “Baby promise me you won’t talk to anyone except your friends and family. No stranger! You’ll stick to any one of us!”
“But Monstu! I had plans! My friends messaged me that we gonna play lots of games! I can’t stick to you guys always!'' she said with a pout. He smiled on the way she opposed and pecked her pout, “Okay! Baby Monster! As you wish! Play as much as you want but don’t you dare talk to any stranger and had anything with them! And you better follow this!”
She glared at him for a second making him raise his brows and then shrugged and ran downstairs followed by his shout, “Nanhi! Main bata rha hun if you fell down toh mery sey bura koi nhi hoga!”
She turned and showed her tongue and ran to the garden.
Harshad who was checking the arrangement was startled for a second when she came running and him from back laughing loudly.
“Babygirl! Ohh! You scared me!”, he said as he pulled her in front and hugged her kissing her forehead.
“Yaaiiyye! Bhai dar gaye!”, she laughed.
“Acha mera naughty bacha! It’s time for some food! Tumhare nikambey pati ko toh tumhri fikar hai hi nhi!”, both laughed at his statement and went inside where everyone was already present at the dining table.
Nandini ran and took a seat beside Manik who showed eyes on her small run.
All settled and Harshad was about to put a plate for Nandini when Manik said, “Har bar wohi kaam kyu karta hai Harshad! When you know wo meri plate sey khati hai and I feed her then why do you put a plate for her?”
“Because main apni behan ko teri gandi adaat nhi laga sakta!”
“Harshad! Don’t test my patience!”, Manik warned. All sat unaffected and had their food as this was not new. Both of them are overprotective about her.
All this while Nandini was silently eating from Manik’s and Harshad’s plate, who was sitting on her both sides, without giving two hoots to them.
Raj glared at both of them and said, “Have your food boys! No more drama!”
After that Manik and Harshad fed Nandini while she laughed on Cabir’s joke.
The function has started and all were busy in it while Nandini was playing hide and seek with her friends.
Manik kept looking at the way she was running and hiding in the rooms. He was talking to one of the guests but his eyes were on her. His heart was very happy on her giggles and carefree face. After a few minutes, she was running to hide when Harshad caught her and said, "Chalo open your mouth betu! This chocolate milkshake is for you! Jldi sey khtm kro tab khelna!"
She giggled as he tickled her and hugging him drank the milkshake from his hand. She had completed half of it when someone called Harshad.
"Bhai aap jao! I'll finish it pakka!"
Kissing her forehead he went. She drank her milkshake when her friend came to her, "Nandini tu chupi nhi! Rahul will catch us!"
She nodded and about to go when her friend said, "Tery face par chocolate lga h tu saaf kr k chup jaa main jati hu!"
Nandini looked around to find something to wipe her face but didn't get anything so she ran to Manik who was talking to someone. She hugged him hiding her face from his blazer which he was wearing and wiped her face from his shirt and grinned as his white shirt turned chocolate and hid it back with his blazer.  Manik who knew all her activities just smiled and continued to talk to the person. She looked at him and tugging his blazer asked, "Mery face par kuch h.?"
"Nhi!", he said wiping left chocolate on her face from his handkerchief. 
"Bye!", she  was about to run back when he holds her hand and excused from the guests who happily nodded. 
"Yeh kya kiya baby monster.?", showing his shirt he asked pulling her nose a little to which she sneezed and said, "Monstu! Janey do na! Mujhey chupna h varna they'll catch me!"
"Acha ok! Par pehly tmhra fone kha h.?"
She grinned and hugged him to save herself from his scoldings as she don't know about her phone. 
He looked her in disbelief and said, "Babu you're the only one person in the world jise phone sey matlb nhi h! Kya karu main tmhra bacha.?"
"Main bhool jati hu!", she said sadly and looked at him with puppy eyes saving herself from his scoldings. 
"Acha yeh lo mera phone! Keep it with yourself! Password tmhra naam h!", he said as he slid it in her dress pocket to which she nodded. 
"Now go play and enjoy your time!", she nodded and ran to hide.
*****
After sometime Manik saw all her friends finding someone and his baby was not anywhere.  He went to them and asked, "Guys Nanhi nhi dikh rhi!"
All looked at each other and said, "Sir! We were playing hide-and-seek and now she is nowhere. "
They were talking when Harshad came running to Manik, "Manik! Nandu ka phone hai ro rhi h tery liye!"
Manik took it and heard her wail from other side, "Monstuuu!!"
He worriedly asked, "Haa mera jaan!  Monstu hun! Kaha h mera jaan! Kyu ro rha h mera shona!"
She cried and hiccups.
"No no! Nanhi bacha! Ssh! Tell me kaha ho! Batao baby! Kaha hai mera bacha!"
"Tee-- terrace!", she said in between her wails and Manik ran towards it followed by Harshad. 
He found the door open and looked around to find it empty, "Nanhi! Bacha kaha ho mera jaan! Nanhi!"
"Mo--monstu!", she cried and all found her on the tank roof which was a separate roof in the terrace. She was standing near the open railing makung his eyes widen.
"Nanhi! Move back! Baby pichey hato!! Gir jaogey jaan aap!", he shouted.
Harshad shouted,  "Where is the damn ladder which is always attached to the roof! Guards! Ramu kaka!"
All found the ladder on the corner of the backside of the terrace. They attached to the roof.
"Babygirl nichey aao! Dheere dheere!", Harshad said as they  attached it to which Manik shouted, "Have you lost your mind Harshad.? She's not i state to come down by herself! No! Nanhi aap upar raho I'm coming!"
He climbed up the ladder and took her in hug. He kissed her whole face and wiped her face. He checked her body and found mosquito bites marks on her body.
"Ohh! Mera jaan!"
"Monstuuu!", she wailed like a baby looking at him.
"Bas! Bas! Aa gya na main! Kuch nhi hua! Chalo nichey chaltey hai!"
He holds her hands and she kept her feet on the ladder but due to her shivering figure she missed the step but before she could fall Manik pulled her up.
"Aisey nhi jaa paogey aap baby! Come to me!"
Wrapping her legs around his waist he held her tightly while she snuggles in his arms and tightly keeps her around his neck. Very slowly and carefully he climed down.
As soon as they came down Harshad took her in hug with her still being in Manik's arms.
Manik and Harshad kept hugging her. Finding her cries silent Harshad backed off.
Manik took her downstairs to their room and sat on the bed taking her in lap.
All were aware about her and came to them asking about her.
"Guys! Thik h Nanhi! Avi don't bother her and  start the function.! Harshad you go and join Nia! It's her day! She needs you beside her!", Manik told everyone and kissing Nandini 's forehead all continued the function. 
As they went a servant gave aleovera hel which he had asked for.
Without saying anything he applied the gel.
She was silent all the time.
After applying it he asked, "Waha kya kar rhe tha mera jaan.? Kaisey gya babu wha.?"
She looked him and about to cry when he showed his eyes and said, "No! Rona nhi! Aa gya na main! Sab thik h!"
She gulped her lump and said keeping her face on his face, "I was playing! Mujhey sab baar baar dhund ley rhe the toh main chhatt par chali gyi! Wha tank wali roof sey ek laddar attach tha toh main ussey upar chali gyi aur chup gyi! Kafi der ho gyi koi nhi h! Mujhey badey badey mosquitoes ney b kaat liya toh mainey socha niche aa jau but wo ladder nhi tha monstu wha! Main faass gyi! Mujhey rona aa gya ki mujhey koi dhundh nhi payega! Main wahi rah jaungi! So I called you!"
"Ohh! Mera baby babut brave h! Aur smart b! Fir kyu ro rha tha baby! Always remember I will always find you! Kahi par b ho aap! This bracelet which you're wearing has a tracker! I'll always track you jaan! Samjha mera bacha!", he said hugging her properly and cupping her face with one hand, "Aur baby ko mosquitoes ney kaat liya! Badey badey waley! Koi nhi! Avi monstu aur baby nichey jayegey aur ice cream khaega mera jaan mery haath sey ok.?"
She nodded smiling a little. Both came down and Manik fed her ice cream with his fingers. 
Harshad came and wiping her face with hands said, "Kaisi h meri behan ab.?"
"Happy!", she said giggling as she had some more ice cream with Manik's fingers. 
Both men smiled and Harshad kissed her forehead. He turned to Manik and said, "Thanks! Mujhey nhi pta tha Nandu khud nichey nhi aa payegi! Tu nhi hota toh.."
"Toh tu hota! I trust you for my baby!", Manik said as he continued to feed her.
"Manik wo ladder humesha…"
Manik didn't let him complete and said, "I know everything Harshad! I'll deal with it later! For now my child is more important!"
Harshad nodded and went away. 
After having good amount of ice cream Nandini said, "Ab nhi!"
"Okay! Ab aap jao and sit beside your Nia bhabhi and enjoy the function!", he said wiping her face to which she nodded and ran away.
Manik stood and went to the person who he knows is behind this.
"We need to talk! Right now!"
*******

Heya guys! I know I'm here after ages but I was kinda depressed as all my story and lots of os which I wrote in my free time got deleted because of virus and unfortunately I forgot to keep a backup of it!
But that's another thing!
I won't say I am back or something like that but I'll try to give frequent updates!
Now as I promised Manik and Nandini will talk to you guys in comments so if you want to ask them anything or talk to them do comment!
And do tell me how's the update.? It might have some or a lot error because I just typed in my mobile and posted without reviewing it so adjust with it! 
Do press the star button and comment something so that MaNan can have a chit chat with you guys personally!
Lots of lub!!