Chapter Twelve - You Can Trust Me. (Louis Choice) {Part 8}

Beginne am Anfang

"I..-" he stopped himself and looked at the ground. He shook his head. I slowly made my way over to him, but he quickly walked past me. I watched him walk down the stairs and I sighed, feeling pain in my heart. I ignored it and looked at Aj who was still sleeping. I bent down and gave his head a few small pats.

"I'll be back soon goofball... Sleep well.." I smiled. I knew he couldn't hear me, but it felt right to still tell him. I stood up and made my way downstairs, preparing myself for the trip to the greenhouse.

As we we walked it was silent, which didn't bother me because I didn't really want to hear Mitch complain during the walk. I quickly flipped through the pages of my journal which had my unfinished sketch from yesterday. I decided that I'd continue to sketch the layout of the school since I'd be staying for a bit to help out with the raiders. I saved the page then slipped it into my front pocket of my bag. I looked up and noticed we were at what looked like a greenhouse. Ruby turned to us as she seemed to be reminiscing about the greenhouse.

"Guess I didn't realize how long it's been.. how much it's changed.." Ruby spoke, I looked up at the old greenhouse. It clearly looked old and overgrown, but it was still kinda cute.

"My mom's friend used to have a greenhouse. She owned a floral shop and that's where she grew some of her flowers. My mom would always visit her every holiday to pick up some flowers." I smiled, remembering a small memory of my mom. Ruby smiled.

"That's so sweet, were they nice flowers?" Ruby asked, I nodded.

"Yeah, then best. My mom loved the forget-me-nots the most. They were her favourite." I chuckled, Mitch beside me groaned.

"Can we just start looking for the shit and not talk about stupid flowers?" He asked, crossing his arms. Ruby glared at him. Before turning to the door of the greenhouse. She shook the handle but it wouldn't open, it was locked. I sighed, knowing that this was just gonna make it more difficult.

"Ugh, it ain't budging." Mitch spoke, Ruby turned to him in annoyance.

"You gonna stand there sulking all day, or are you gonna do something useful?" Ruby asked, I sighed as I didn't want more conflict to start.

"Don't worry, we will find a way in. We need whatever we can find in there after all. Especially the barbed wire." I explained, Mitch turned and walked around to the other side of the greenhouse without saying a word. I rolled my eyes and decided I'd take a look around. I began to search in front of the greenhouse, seeing if there was a lose window, or a broken one. I slowly made my way to Mitch's side and tried looking through one of the windows to see inside, I sighed.

"The glass is too foggy. I can't see anything.." I muttered to myself, Mitch turned to me, clearly hearing what I said.

"There's too much condensation on the inside." Mitch pointed out, Ruby peaked at us from around the corner.

"Condensation? That's a big word for you." She snickered I couldn't help but let out a small chuckled. Mitch glared at her.

"Shut up." He hissed, turning away. I chuckled again then noticed something. I walked beside Mitch and saw a ladder that led up to an open window on the roof of the greenhouse.

"Guys look! There's a window. We could probably get in through there." Ruby and Mitch gathered around me, as I pointed to the window on the roof. Ruby gave me a smile.

"Good spot. Mitch, come here and gimme a boost." Ruby told, as she stood in front of the ladder. Mitch shook his head.

"Wait. Make her go first." He spoke, gesturing his head towards me.