Chapter Ten- The Whisperer.

I stood there, wide eyed, not moving. The person slowly lifted their hand off my mouth and walked past me towards the walkers. I took a few steps away from them. Sunned and confused, I didn't hear Clem quietly calling to me. Suddenly someone grabbed my hand and I snapped out of it. It was Clem. We both looked at Aj and ran up to him. He was still bleeding and alarmed to be in a lot of pain. While Clem was helping him, I took a glance in the direction of the walker-person. He had picked up a rock and turned to the opposite side of the forest. But what was weird was the walkers were paying him no mind, and continued to walk around. He threw the rock, and a loud clang, like hitting metal rang out. The walkers turned their attention to it and began to walk towards it. Soon the area was clear and the walker-person stopped with their act. He stared at us, eyes boring into us. He began to speak.

"Follow." He spoke, though his voice remained a whisper. Clem and I made eye contact but agreed. I picked Aj up in my arms and he let out a painful groan.

"S-Sorry buddy.." I quickly told him. He just let out a groan. I frowned and Clem and I followed the mysterious person.

After a bit of walking we arrived at what looked like a small camp. It had a fireplace and a few trees were knocked over. Aj continued to wince and groan in pain in my arms, and Clem looked over in worry, I could tell she was worried about Aj. The walker-person turned to us and pointed to a large log that was toppled over.

"There." He whispered, pointing towards it. I looked at Aj before slowly setting him down on the log. Clem and the walker-person quickly gathered around the log, and Clem looked closer at Aj to see his condition, I was scared to after all, he just got shot. Suddenly a slam on the trunk plus an extra light caused me and Clem to jump. It was a small torch. We both looked up at the walker-person and we made eye contact. He slowly put his hands out towards Aj, and Clem froze. Holding his hand a little tighter. I gave her a few pats or reassurance, knowing that the person just wanted to help. Clem nodded I conformation and the man slowly lifted Aj's shirt up to reveal the wound. I cringed at the sight. There was a lot of shots and the buckshots were still in his skin. My heart quickened in my chest, Clem also had a mortified expression on her face.

"Get the shrapnel out." The man told us, and Clem looked and him shocked.

"W-Wh- me?" She stuttered, the man slowly placed his hands on Aj to hold him still. He then looked at me.

"We'll keep him still." He added, eyes still fixated on me. I looked at Clem and held her shoulder.

"Clem.. I can pull it out if you hold him.." I told her. She shook her head.

"No no.. I got it.." She pulled out Aj's knife and I nodded, leaning over and holding his other side, making sure Clem had room and that I wasn't touching the wound. Clem took a breath, and slowly put the tip of the knife against Aj's skin and the buckshot. She grabbed the top of it and began to dig out the piece from his side. Aj immediately began to groan in pain, squirming a little bit, but we were holding him down he couldn't really move. My heart sank to see him in so much pain, and I felt like crying. I took a breath, remembering that I needed to be strong for Aj too. Clem then moved on to the next one, positioning the knife the same way. She began to pull the next one out. Aj again, cried in pain and squirmed a bit, I was glad he hadn't passed out yet. And I could see the stress come off Clem's face every time she removed one of the buckshots. She finished the second and did the same for the third, I sighed in relief when Clem pulled out the last one. Aj turned to us, his face full of pain.

"Trying not to be loud.." he explained, I gave him a sad smile.

"Your doing great Aj.." I reminded him.

"Your okay Aj.. just breathe.." Clem added. The walker-person pulled out a roll of duck tape, then turned to us.

"Put your hands there, stop the bleeding." He told, Clem took the bottom part of the wound and I took the top. My hands immediately were covered in blood. I added pressure and so did Clem. The mans began to pull a piece of duck tape from the roll, and Aj looked at us in worry.