Eunjae made up her mind. "I think I'm going to go."

Chaeyoung's eyebrows knit in concern. "Will you be alright by yourself?"

Eunjae smiled warmly at her worried friend. She grasped Chaeyoung's hand firmly to reassure her. "There's no need to worry. I can handle myself just fine."

Chaeyoung nodded hesitantly. "Okay. I trust you. But if you're not back by 1 AM I'm notifying Jungkook. If anything were to happen to you I couldn't forgive myself. And I'll be so lonely here again." She joked.

Eunjae beamed at her words, hooking her arm around Chaeyoung's shoulder endearingly. "We'll be just fine, Chae. Now let's eat."

=*=

Eunjae chuckled as Chaeyoung fretted over her like a mother to her child, tightening Eunjae's cloak around her and patting it down so not a wrinkle was out of place. Eunjae gently gripped the girl's fidgeting hands and removed them.

"Chae, I've got to go now. It's 5 minutes 'til midnight and I'm not particularly concerned about my appearance."

Chaeyoung sighed, running a hand through her hair. "I know, I know. I just can't help being worried for you."

Eunjae pulled her in for a tight hug. "And I absolutely adore you for that."

Chaeyoung bit her lip anxiously before a thought struck her and she jolted out of the hug. She hurried over to her bed and lifted the mattress, reaching her hand under to grab something. Eunjae was surprised to see a sharp, silver dagger clutched in her dainty hand. Chaeyoung held it out for Eunjae to take.

Chaeyoung saw the skeptical expression on her friend's face and explained, "Jungkook gave it to me the day we arrived at the castle. Just for emergencies, if he for some reason couldn't be here to protect me. Take it with you just incase."

Eunjae nodded and tucked the blade under her belt, obscured by her cloak. "Thank you, Chae. I really have to go now."

She reluctantly stepped back to allow Eunjae to walk towards the door. "Be safe!" Chaeyoung called after her once she opened the door and exited the room.

Eunjae whisked through the corridor towards the exit to the garden. Her expression remained calm and neutral so she wouldn't seem suspicious to anyone that crossed paths with her. Eventually she made it to the doors that led outside, two guards flanking the sides as always. They examined her as she walked towards them.

Eunjae provided a convincingly genuine smile for both men. "Good evening."

The left guard replied with uninterested eyes, "State your business."

Eunjae folded her hands together. "I'd just like some fresh air. I won't be long."

The two guards shared a look, then both shrugged before opening both doors for her. She sent them an appreciative grin accompanied by a bow of her head before she strut outside, the contrast of the brisk air from the warm environment she just left chilling her bones.

Eunjae analyzed the area; it was still, quiet, and seemed empty. Eunjae figured that if someone wished to meet in private, they'd be stationed further in the garden and out of sight of any prying eyes. She headed down the familiar flower path, by the undisturbed fountain whose waters trickled serenely, and she was reminded of the last time she'd visited the garden. Eunjae had first met prince Taehyung then, as well as stumbled across poor Jennie.

The sound of a twig snapping interrupted the calm quiet and Eunjae was immediately on alert. Her fingers curled around the hilt of her blade as she whipped her head to scan her surroundings.

"Who's there?" She called out defensively, but was met with silence. Eunjae continued her careful steps forward, the bushes around her now up to her height and completely obscuring her figure from possible onlookers.

Eunjae rounded a corner that led her to a sort of clearing where a tall willow tree prominently stood surrounded by a circle of bushes, the voluminous green tendrils swaying along with the gentle night breeze. She strode further, getting the strange sense that this place was where she should be.

"You're two minutes late."

A low voice from close behind her startled Eunjae, and she instinctively whirled around while simultaneously taking out the blade, pressing it against the stranger's throat in the blink of an eye. The man, whom Eunjae did not expect in the slightest, merely smirked in amusement while lifting both his palms up innocently.

"I come in peace." He joked.

"Min Yoongi?" She muttered in a mixture of shock, confusion, and surprise. She stepped back, but kept her blade firm in her grip.

"Surprised to see me?" He inquired lightly.

Eunjae nodded in affirmation. "Quite. Last time I saw you, you were in a heavily guarded cell." Though this was true, Eunjae remembered back to Yoongi's words which, at the time, she'd thought to be absurd.

Yoongi grinned, voicing her thoughts. "Like I said, I was right where I needed to be."

Eunjae hummed at his words. "Interesting... so why did you request that we meet? What could you possibly want from me?"

Yoongi stuffed his hands into the pockets of his trousers as he answered, "It's not me that wants anything from you, per say. I'm just following orders."

Eunjae gulped nervously, feeling less comfortable around the man then she previously had. Her fingers tightened around the blade. "Ordered to do what? By who?"

Yoongi chuckled lowly, shaking his head. "It's nothing like you're thinking. Geez, settle down." Eunjae didn't respond, but kept her hard gaze on him as she patiently waited for him to finally answer her question. He sighed. "Your friend, what's her name, Lisa? She came to us for help."

Eunjae's lips parted in shock. "Lisa?" She was certainly not expecting this. "Okay, but who's 'us'?"

"The resistance." Yoongi finally revealed. "And I'm here to help you escape."

=*=

happy jin day